What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Working with the Credit, SecProd, and Whole Sale Lending businesses to log, prioritise, resolve, escalate (where required) and own all support issues through to completion
- Performing deep analysis of support requests to identify the most efficient solutions to improve Stability and Reliability
- Keeping abreast of the wider projects within the technology space, and where feasible, leverage these initiatives to improve issue resolution and client service
- Communicating and escalating incidents and problems to 3rd line support (development), when required
- Updating the support knowledge base, recording new issues, workarounds, solutions and system/ process how-tos
- Taking on "Subject Matter Expert" responsibility for a suite of applications, and becoming a knowledge reference point for the support, development and project teams
- Taking responsibility of delivery for minor works to support project initiatives and/ or to improve client service and strategy
- Experience with ITIL concepts and best practices
- Understanding of the investment banking business, e-trading constrains and trade life cycle
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent basic technical skills with demonstrated ability to learn for the purpose of identifying trouble areas and suggest potential solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
Where will you be working?
- Experience with ITRS Geneos monitoring system
- Support experience in AWS or other Cloud environments
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.