Senior Service Manager - Salary up to £40,666 and 27% Pension contributions. Also offering flexible working, fantastic work/life balance with an excellent benefits package.DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year and support over 22 million people every day. Our agile tech teams are modernising the way we deliver our products and services, so that they work better for us and the people who need them. It's a once in a generation transformation of government services.
We have a great new opportunity to work in a small Service Management team, providing support to in excess of 100 000 DWP employees using HR, Payroll, Finance and other employee related services.
In DWP Digital our Service Managers are collaborators. You'll work with Service Management colleagues and Operations teams to make sure we deliver real pace and value. If you're motivated by creating service quality and brilliant user experience, we'd love to hear from you.Delivery. Work. Projects.
You'll join a specialist Service Management Team who are responsible for HR & Finance Systems and Services. This includes an Enterprise Resource Planning system (currently Oracle E-Business Suite) and a range of bespoke HR & Finance systems and services.
Although the role supports the needs of all Departmental employees, there is a specific need to interact and work closely with Finance & HR Professionals from DWP Corporate areas. As such you'll need to have experience of, or a desire to obtain an understanding of HR and Finance businesses.
This is a great opportunity to apply Service Management skills to a unique project that will change how the UK's biggest department deals with HR and Finance.We are looking for someone who can:
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Leads the investigation and resolution of incidents.
- Diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding/applying resolutions.
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required.
- Ensures that the right actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities.
- Maintains a high level of customer service. Has the confidence to deal with complex complaints and uses empathy to satisfy customer demands.
You'll join us at one of our brilliant digital hubs in Manchester
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary of £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.