A fantastic White Collar Crime Professional Support Lawyer position with an elite firm!
Our client, a world renowned firm, are looking for a white collar crime expert to join them as a professional support lawyer to support their dynamic white collar crime team. Your knowledge and experience are key to helping develop this team.
In this role, you will provide professional and knowledge support to the London office white collar lawyers, including preparing updates, articles, presentations, collating precedents and developing templates, developing training programmes and maintaining relevant databases and intranet sites. Assist with other projects as required by Partners involved with the white collar practice in London and worldwide.
Duties and Accountabilities
* Monitor legal developments through the use of journals, internet resources and daily alerts. Filter and contextualise information so that the attorneys receive only relevant information with useful commentary
* Prepare email legal updates and alerts - collating and circulating email updates addressing new/interesting case law, articles and know-how on white collar developments
* Author and publish Client Insights and articles on legal developments, and other thought leadership pieces with a view to assisting the business development objectives of the white collar team
* Deliver short updates to white collar lawyers on recent legal developments and issues in relation to white collar issues at monthly Litigation Group meetings and at white collar know-how meetings
* Create and maintain a white collar Knowledge Bank and intranet page in relation to all the above
* Collate precedents and prepare templates
* Respond to specific requests for assistance - helping answer reasonable requests for assistance from white collar attorneys in the London office (including brief inductions to new associates/trainees)
* Work on training for white collar associates and help develop training programme. Occasional involvement in Firm wide training programmes, as required, including core training programmes and induction courses.
* Deliver and assist in preparation of training programmes internally and for clients from time to time when agreed.
* Help to generate and maintain a sense of community and team among the white collar practitioners in the London office.
* Be a champion for rolling out new knowledge systems including sharing inductions of new joiners/NQs with other Professional Support Lawyers
* Contribute to global knowledge projects to support Firm collaboration, efficiency and to enhance law expertise across the Firm
* Attend regular meetings and global conference calls for Professional Support and the Knowledge Department
* Attend external training and conferences to keep up-to-date with relevant developments in the law, business environment and professional support
* Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England and Wales
* Minimum of five years' PQE in white collar crime for a solicitor or three for a barrister
* Prior PSL work experience desirable but not necessary
* Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of the Firm
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Organisation skills needed to manage time well, prioritise effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
* Willingness to complete all tasks and learn new skills
* Good knowledge in PC applications, including MS Office
Flexible working will be considered for the right candidates and the role offers an attractive salary band of between £120K -£130K (dependent upon experience).
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.