We are incredibly excited to have partnered with Cazoo, who are one of the fastest growing scale-ups in Europe! In just 3 years they have secured £450million in funding, leading them to be crowned the fastest-ever Unicorn in the UK. They also have their upcoming IPO which sees them valuated at £6bn and they now have over 2000 people across London, Munich & Lisbon! Their customer-centric product is built to disrupt the used car industry by providing an easy and transparent way for people to buy and sell cars online. There is no better time to join a company of true visionaries, with technology at the heart of their business.
Want to find out more about Cazoo and their engineering team? Visit their tech blog and hear from the team themselves!
They discuss people, technology and engineering vision: https://medium.com/cazoo The Role
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, you'll play a key role in some diverse and complex development projects such as building out a state-of-the-art subscriptions service, adding a brand-new orders system with a self-service checkout, or building new planning and delivery systems.
- Technical Leadership: You will have the rare opportunity to really own the software development life cycle, as well as high-level decisions around technology, tools and architecture.
- Technical Design: You will work with Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Designs, APIs built in Node.js, TypeScript and AWS Serverless technologies including Lambda functions.
- You build it, you run it: The engineering teams deploy their own code and are responsible for continuously improving CI/CD pipelines.
- Quality of Code: You'll encourage the adoption of modern principles such as TDD, pair programming, Software Craftsmanship, and provide regular coaching to other Engineers.
- Coaching Culture: You will receive world-class coaching, through various boot camps, workshops and pair programming, we have a strong culture of sharing knowledge and pushing our team to be the best they can be.
Cazoo are looking for Engineers who are humble, results driven, and are ambitious about working with others in a collaborative and welcoming environment.
What you'll get from Cazoo
- Solid and relevant commercial experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Expert use of any object-oriented language (such as Node, Java, Python or C#).
- Working knowledge of building complex UI frameworks in React or any similar tool.
- Good understanding of integrating third party libraries and build automation
- Have worked in a cloud-based environment (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Solid experience following & driving best practise TDD
- Enthusiasm for customer-oriented product development
- Passionate about quality and modern engineering practices.
What to do next
- They believe in the continuous improvement of not just their technology but also their people and they actively encourage people to self-develop in areas outside their core skill set, through agile coaches, boot camps and regular workshops run by their tech leadership teams.
- You will be joining a rapidly growing, self-organising team, and will have the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done. Their teams and engineers do not work in silos so you will be given opportunities to use or develop skills outside of your core skill set too.
- Their diverse and welcoming culture is unique, and they pride themselves on how they embrace diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They have several ERG's that represent various groups, such as LGBTQI and Gender equality, to name a few. Outside of your day-to-day role, you will have plenty of opportunity to attend these events and strive to make a difference.
- You will also get access to plenty more benefits, such as a discretionary bonus programme, car-related discounts, a generous pensions package, 25 days holiday, with an extra for your birthday and a full membership with the Calm app.
If you are interested in joining one of most exciting European start-ups, working with some of the latest technology around and joining a company that truly values self-development and collaboration, apply now and we'll be in touch with the details.