The Senior Social Media Manager will be responsible for leading, planning and producing powerful and compelling digital content that supports Defra group communications' nature and environment campaigns across a range of platforms. Our work in this space is increasing in the lead-up to COP26 and we are looking for a dedicated social media manager to lead our social media communications in high-profile portfolios.
This hands-on role will be responsible for overseeing the timely delivery of creative content supporting a range of departmental announcements and campaigns, telling our story to online audiences. Essential experience
You will have
- significant hands-on experience of creating social content, copywriting for online and publishing on social media platforms
- a track record of leading the delivery of innovative, compelling, audience-focussed content to support communications objectives
- experience using different social media channels to reach target audiences
- experience building positive and productive relationships and networks externally and internally with stakeholders, partners and colleagues
- experience using analytics and digital insight to improve our social media engagement, with learnings to inform future activity
- good project management skills with excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational abilities
- influencing skills and the ability to make the case for creative ideas
- the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines and carry others with them under such circumstances
- experience working in fast-paced environments, leading on social media communications
- an excellent understanding of social media trends and audiences
In order to be successful in this role you can work well as part of a team and strive to ensure the team pulls together and is effective.
You will be enthusiastic about researching new ways of doing things on social media and you enjoy proposing new and original ideas.
You are well prepared, with a keen eye for how digital objectives can be realised and measured across different campaigns. You seek to maximise time and productivity.
You can recover quickly from setbacks and learn from them.
You are able to respond, with recommendations, on multiple commissions from different teams.
You are not daunted by rapidly-evolving communications handlings.
You are flexible and willing to take part in an incident rota as required, which may involve working outside office hours and on weekends. Working pattern:
Flexible but applicants must be based in England and Wales Duration:
Fixed contract until31March 2022 Closing date:
23:59 on 18July2021 Salary:
£35,895 - £40,613 National / £38,751 - £43,847London
If you are interested, pleaseemail
your CV and a statement outlining your suitability for the role (no more than 750 words)toLizzy Keene at email@example.com.