This role is dedicated to one of our largest and longest standing clients, you will work in a close-knit team planning and delivering a product roadmap for a global software company. You will be comfortable working in a team but will be able to tackle complex challenges head on.
We are willing to accept remote applicants who can travel to either the London or Newcastle office from time to time for client meetings, project kick-off and team events. About the individual
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
Technical skills required:Bonus points if you have:
- A desire to succeed and a will to be excellent at everything they do.
- Passion to learn and be part of a team.
- Willingness to try and to not be afraid of failure when taken out of your comfort zone.
- Experience with/an understanding of Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Database design skills with the ability to drop to low-level SQL (and know what you're doing there).
- Experience with unit testing, version control, continuous integration and code reviews.
- Familiarity with design patterns.
- Experience in developing web services and associated REST/SOAP APIs.
- Ability working with multinational/multilingual e-commerce sites.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.Mentorship.
You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.Training.
Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.Flexibility.
We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.Social life.
Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.Benefits.
We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.