Position: Scrum Master
Experience: 4+ years
Job Location: Remote (UK Wide)
Newly launched SaaS rental platform Zoa - the UK's first white-label rental platform, which has been praised for lowering the barriers for other retailers and brands to start their own rental offering. With our recent investment, we are now looking to dramatically scale our tech team to develop new features.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on innovative tech in a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to coordinate and coach our very talented software development team.What is a scrum master?
Put simply, you'll be our go-to person for applying scrum to produce high-quality work. Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies.
Ultimately, you'll help create self-organising teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.Scrum Master experience and skills
You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artefacts and techniques. You'll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (occasionally facilitating changes) with your mindset on deliverables. If you're a strong communicator, a capable leader and you're invested in Agile frameworks, we'd like to meet you.Responsibilities
- Manage each project's scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from clients or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members 'own' the product and enjoy working on it
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Scrum Master certification is a plus
Zoa is fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ('the protected characteristics'.) We aim to create a working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment in any form, in which all staff, customers and suppliers are treated with dignity and respect.
Zoa will not unlawfully discriminate in the arrangements we make for recruitment and selection or in the opportunities afforded for employment, training or any other benefit. All decisions will be made fairly and objectively. We aim, as far as reasonably practicable, to ensure that all our working practices are applied fairly and consistently and, where necessary, we will take reasonable steps to avoid or overcome any particular disadvantage these may cause and to promote equality.