Test Automation EngineerDepartment:
Restaurant Invoicing Tech ManagerLocation:
Just Eat is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join the Invoicing team in Bristol and help them maintain a solid foundation of quality. You'll be working closely with a team of at least 8 engineers working on key areas of our global invoicing services; providing guidance, tooling & processes to enhance the standards of our delivery. Through this, you will become a crucial part of our drive to build the best experience for both our internal stakeholders and Restaurant Partners.Key ResponsibilitiesAs a Test Automation Engineer, you'll be responsible for...
- Helping the team improve test process and automation in an agile environment
- Engineering solid, reliable automated tests
- Helping the team to improve the culture around testing, quality assurance & quality metrics in general
- Organising and driving testing activities for the team's projects
- Assisting the team in the formulation of test plans & all aspects of the test pyramid
- Configuring CI to provide infrastructure for fast and reliable test runs
- Defining test requirements from a business, functional & non-functional perspective
- Doing PR reviews for your team to ensure sufficient test coverage is in place and code quality adheres to defined quality standards
- Ensuring the high level of our product's functional and non-functional test coverage
Our principles are at the core of how we meet our responsibilities. As a member of your team, you'll need to demonstrate those principles and make them a core part of how you work day-to-day:
Your Profile & Experience
- Design and build great software
- Move fast with confidence
- Secure, stable, scalable, fast and reliable platform
- Trust, control and transparency
You'll have an advantage if you have experience of one or more of...
- Experience of driving Quality Assurance processes in an Agile environment
- Ability to design detailed test documentation (test plans, test cases, etc.)
- Solid test automation skills (any platform and language - C#, Python, Java)
- Understanding of how exploratory testing should be driven
- Challenging scope requirements
- Experience of configuring and supporting CI/CD pipelines
- Writing automated tests, using common test automation design patterns.
- Understanding of how REST Web Services and HTTP work
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD methodologies and tools to apply them
- Experience of working with cloud services providers - preferably AWS, however Azure or Google Cloud experience is also useful
Why work at Just Eat Takeaway.com?
- .Net Core & C#
- Serverless computing and cloud architecture patterns
- Working in microservices and event-driven architecture
- Performance & Load Testing
- SpecFlow and Selenium WebDriver
- Working within an e-commerce business where reliability is critical
- Working in a financial or e-commerce business, with experience of financial systems
Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform - connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base - to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We're built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees - helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We're a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.