ABOUT THE ROLE
ADSS is a successful retail and institutional brokerage based in Abu Dhabi with operations in the United Kingdom. The company is currently undergoing a multi-year transformation to become a fast growing, purpose-led, data driven enterprise that delivers market-leading personalized content, propositions and experiences to traders. To reinforce client-centricity the company structure, technology and operations are being redesigned alongside the crafting of a high-performance culture underpinned by The ADSS Way. The objective is for ADSS to become a dynamic and innovative, trusted market leader as measured by feedback from clients, talent, shareholders and competitors.
The Java Developer will be working alongside existing developers as well as internal and external QA teams and third-party development vendors for the design, development, and management of Java-based applications and platforms. This role will partner with business and technology representatives in delivering projects that require development of Java solutions. The candidate will have a vital role in the modernization of ADSS's existing systems and will be heavily involved in the design and development of enhancements and rewriting to stay ahead of competition. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage moderate-to-complex Java development projects and programmes of work against tight timelines to delivery. Work with peers to prioritize initiatives and ensure alignment with project timelines and deliverables
- Work with business analysts, project managers, product specialists and BAU IT staff to understand problems and recommended solutions
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and deliver high availability and performance. Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Define and analyse problem statements and create a logical flow to development of code incorporating business requirements and associated timelines
- Maintain application code produced in house or by third parties under an agile and sprint-based methodology following CI/CD devOps practices
- Work with the team to recommend and implement best DevOps practices and ways of working
- Provide support and guidance to peers towards improving the quality of code delivered for maintenance and new functionality and stability of platforms
- Work with QA teams (in house and third party) to help contribute towards test case scripts and test releases for all projects coordinated by the QA resources
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Develop, implement and maintain development documentation and release notes
THE ADSS WAYWe exist to help our clients become better traders.
- Degree qualified
- Ideally 8 to 10 years supporting Java and DevOps development activities at a financial services or brokerage firm
- Understanding of Agile development frameworks and DevOps processes and environments
- Experience with JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence systems, Test driven development, Windows development, Linux development
- Experience with DevOps experience and DevOps automation tools (Jenkins, Cucumber, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- CRM systems experience (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus
- Knowledge of FIX protocol, Dockers/Containers
- Knowledge and experience of microservices, lambda development, aws cognito a plus
We obsess about improving the opportunities and experiences we offer to clients and their ability to achieve positive outcomes.We set the pace on innovation by unlocking potential.
Speed matters, so we think and act with urgency. We are relentless in staying at the forefront of the market and clients' minds. To do this we hire and develop the best and we invest for the long-term.We achieve trust through collaboration and accountability.
We are better by working together openly and transparently across the company, and we take responsibility for what we say and do.We positively impact the world in which we all live.
We are proud of what we do, we insist on the highest standards and inspire others to achieve their goals. We live to our values.