Brand new trading firm is looking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced Java Engineer to work in one of their in-house trading teams to design, develop, and implement efficient code for various components of the team's low latency, high throughput production trading and research system. This is a small and growing team based in London that works closely with a larger team in New York.
This team's remit lies within the trading activities of the business. The financial instruments covered include equities, and various fixed income products such as rates futures, swaps, FX spot and government bonds.
Key responsibilities will include creating and maintaining the Java infrastructure used for the research and production of trading algorithms, creating API's and visualisation layers for products used by broader teams, and enhancing the optimisation frameworks used to maintain models and feeds. This will involve working closely with trading desks and technology.
This is a fully 'hands-on' role which presents a very good opportunity for an experienced individual to progress their career in finance and participate in very important projects in a fast-paced environment within a top performing team.
· At least 5 years of practical experience with Java and 3 years of experience with Python
· A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
· Solid coding practices, including unit testing and peer reviews.
· Strong working knowledge of Linux and SQL and AWS
· Brilliant detail oriented problem-solving abilities
· Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
· A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and own problems
· The ability to manage multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
· Strong communication skills in English for business purposes