Rail Technical Service Manager
Location : West MidlandsYour new company
Our client is a Rail Freight Logistics provider to some of the biggest names in the automotive industry.Your new role
The day-to-day Management of the Technical Services Department in carrying out inspection, maintenance, repair, and planned service actions to ensure safe, efficient, operation and deployment of Rail wagons for the Company's business. To minimise wagons out-of-Service alongside business requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- To deploy a team of Technicians and affiliate resources for the purpose of in-service Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of Rail wagons in accordance with the Company's Maintenance Plan.
- To organise the Scheduled Service/Overhaul of Rail wagons against the Company's published programme.
- To devise, execute and manage efficient Workplans & Schedules to carry out Rail wagon Maintenance and maintain all records in support of control of functions and regulations.
- To manage payroll, working time directive, purchasing, financial reporting and performance data.
- To ensure the Technical Services department and its personnel remain compliant with Company, Industry and Regulatory standards of maintenance, Including H&S requirements, ISO 9000, Company Maintenance Plan (Man-Ra) and Railway Regulations governing Mainline rail traffic (GCU).
- To minimise wagons out-of-service alongside the business requirement.
- To take part in, assist and advise on Wagon and Rail Development Projects.
- To manage third-party suppliers such as Wagon Repairers, Plant/Component suppliers and Workshops in pursuit of the Wagon Maintenance programme.
- To carry out Risk Assessments, and maintain Quality Control of Service, product and department output; to maintain staff competencies & training, calibration of equipment and all pertinent records; to present the Department at ISO Audit level.
- To represent the Company at Industry Body & Regulatory level; such as Network Rail, Office of Rail & Road and Rail Wagon Association.
- To control the Company's exposure the Mainline Rail risk.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
What you'll get in return
- Eligibility to work in the UK, no sponsorship will be provided.
- Experience in a similar role in either Rail, Automotive or Aerospace industry
- Previous experience leading / managing a team of Technicians / Service Engineers
- Be open to travel to different sites across the country, possible over night stays
What you need to do now
- Excellent salary and benefit package
- Option to work from home a few days a week, depending on the workload
- Car / Van allowance
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call our Senior Business Manager Richard Nield now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.