We have a new opportunity for an AV Project Engineer. This position is national but the bulk of our clients activity is in the South/Midlands. The purpose of this role will be to lead technical resource, primarily on-site Engineers and Sub-contractors. This is a client facing role so an ideal applicant must have excellent communication skills. Also must have a full UK drivers licence.
Salary: £38k-£42k + overtime and company/individual bonuses
Scope of the Job:
To act as the Senior Technical lead for AV implementation projects throughout the project lifecycle.
Working with Operations staff, ensure projects are delivered Right First Time with timely management of technical risks, issues and actions.
• Work closely with Sales management to ensure the Client's specified requirements can be delivered by verifying the integrity of the solution design and detailed technical specification
• To produce detailed AV schematics including all audio, video, data networking, control & power
• To produce rack layouts with due consideration to environmental constraints and serviceability
• To be the lead engineer on significant projects to deliver on time and to the contracted specification, supervising in-house and sub-contract engineers (to ensure compliancy with our cleints implementation standards) and any specialist suppliers
• To liaise with Client key staff to explain the solution, system deliverables and programme including Client dependencies such as IT network configuration & FM works
• Tailor FAT and UAT test plans and thoroughly execute.
• Working independently or with specialist Commissioning engineers ensure that the AV Control, audio/DSP and video conferencing systems are correctly commissioned
• Complete all Sign-off Documentation
• Post implementation to assist with the efficient resolution of any service events relating to the implemented system
Technical / Personal Specification:
• Strong technical education and formal training in audio and AV technology
• Extensive professional AV installation experience and competency, including complex DSP commissioning engineer experience and competency (especially Biamp and/or QSC).
• Good communication skills, both written and oral, to explain complex technical issues to clients. Able and willing to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
• Logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
• Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage in stressful situations.
• Experienced in network infrastructure and configuration (Cisco CCNA qualification desired)