You will be working for a company whose portfolio of products is currently sold in 160 countries throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific. TCL Communication is ranked as a top-5 mobile phone manufacturer in the UK according to IDC and company data. In this role you will form part of the CTS/Validation team for the UK and Ireland, helping the company continue to deliver a diverse range of devices that meet the high expectations of end users in this key market. Key Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the testing of a wide range of devices under the Alcatel and TCL brands, everything from smartphones, feature phones, tablets, MBB, CPE, IoT. This will be across all Operators and MVNOs predominantly in the UK but will also extend to Ireland.
- Communicate test results both locally and with the wider R&D teams in China, suggest recommendations where possible to continually improve the processes and ultimately the Alcatel/TCL product range.
- Assist the local validation team with the planning and updating of test cases.
- Ensure that all test cases are adhered to and meet both internal and Operator requirements.
- Track all defects via our online tracking system, providing supporting screenshots and logs where necessary. Articulate a clear summary to internal stake holders on a regular basis.
- Work proactively and be able to manage your own time whilst meeting strict deadlines.
- Provide a weekly report to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to identify critical issues and alert stakeholders in the appropriate manner.
- A good working knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G technologies.
- Understanding SMS/IMS services along with WiFi.
- Very familiar with inner workings of Android OS.
- Good communication skills with internal and external teams, dealing well with potential language barriers.
- Ability to proactively work remotely when given a task, often working to tight deadlines.
- Prior knowledge of the UK Operators and understanding the differences between their requirements.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of end user expectations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience at an Operator, OEM, or test house.
- Experience in being part of a high performing team.
- Experience reporting to key stakeholders.
- Experience with Operator testing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Customer-centric approach to quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with Android-based devices.
- Academic focus in Engineering, Math or Computer Science.
- Proficiency with logging tools such as QXDM, ELT, ADB logger.
- JIRA or defect management tools.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Location : London area (West London, Slough or Wider Berkshire), UK , but you will be required to travel within the UK, so a driving license is essential. Will also need to support testing in Ireland and occasionally travel to our HQ in Poland.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.