We are looking for two highly motivated and enthusiastic Product Owners to join our Product Management team. We are looking for candidates that have worked with either electronic lab notebooks or biological screening-based informatics systems. No prior experience in Product Management is required!Why Us?
- We're at the cutting edge of technology that drives scientific discovery
- We're a responsive team where your voice matters
- We want to delight our customers through our performance
We are open to candidates from all over the UK. Currently we are all working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions. However, when the UK offices in Bishop's Stortford re-open, there will be a business need to attend the office as and when required.
- We're a fast-growing company and there will be further opportunities for the best of those that grow with us
- Team and Practice Leads offer guidance and coaching
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Dotmatics' enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Learn more about Dotmatics here:
A Product Owner's primary role is to groom the product backlog, define stories, and prioritize the features for each release. In conjunction with the Product Management team, a Product Owner will help to develop and maintain the roadmaps for assigned products and ensure that these align with the strategic product portfolio objectives, as defined. You will:
- Act as the voice of the customer to translate business requirements into product features
- Work as part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and customer leads to capture strategic and customer-based product requirements
- Define and articulate the product vision
- Collaborate with software development leaders to translate those needs into software requirements
- Define appropriate user stories and epics to support these market and customer requirements
- Build, edit and maintain the product backlog into releases that align to both business objectives and customer requirements
- Develop, maintain and communicate software roadmaps for the assigned products
- Coordinate dependences with other Product Owners and Managers
- Contribute to the product portfolio strategy.
- Collaborate with Product marketing to manage the launch of new software releases
- Iteration execution: Responsible for building, editing and maintaining the backlog
- Iteration planning: Review and reprioritise the backlog
- Just-in-time story elaboration: Ensure that the sufficient details are available in time for developers
- Defining acceptance criteria: Participate in drafting, reviewing and validation
- Accepting stories (when done)
- Participation in team demo: Creating material for marketing and internal training
- Participate in team retrospectives: Review and improve processes
- This job description comprises the main duties of this post. Tasks may change depending on the activities and needs of the business
- MSc level or above in a relevant science-based field (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- Experience working with either electronic lab notebooks or screening-based informatics systems
- Extensive knowledge of business processes in appropriate target markets
- Prior experience as a software product owner is beneficial, but is not required
- A proven track record working as part of a cross-functional team delivering on time and to specification
- Excellent communication and presentation skills