At Catalina, our mission is to convert shoppers into buyers and buyers into loyal fans
In 1983 our founders conceived an efficient electronic alternative to wasteful mass-reach vouchers: using grocery store scanners to distribute targeted coupons. This single solution, the "Checkout Coupon", would transform the retail landscape.
Today, we specialize in data-driven marketing and offer omnichannel web, mobile and instore solutions. Our vision is to transform data into insights, and insights into action through a seamless consumer experience that drives results
.Simply put, what is it that we do and how do we do it?
We leverage the world's largest shopper purchase history database
to drive and lift loyalty for the globe's leading FMCG and retail brands.
We then target consumers with the right behavior-based message, when it is most impactful, via the channel that is most likely to reach them - on the web, on mobile devices, or in the store.So, what makes us so special?
As of today, Catalina counts 1,600 employees in 7 countries globally (the USA, Costa Rica, France, Japan, Germany, Italy, and the UK)
. We take pride in providing our employees with the perks and strengths of large corporations whilst they enjoy the lifestyle and agility of a start-up. Recently, our UK subsidiary has been awarded with the "Great Place to Work" certification proving our company's commitment to our employees.
To maintain our leading status and take our business to the next level, we are looking for smart, humble, and driven people who will fit in with the Catalina culture and its founding values. The latter are the embodiment of what Catalina stands for as a company and are divided into 6 principles: Trust, Customer Focus, Ownership, Innovation, Simplicity and Growth (Personal and Professional).The Context
Catalina has been empowering FMCG and retail brands in the UK since 1992. Now, a Team of 32 people, located between Leeds and Reading, tend to two of the nation's biggest retailers.
It is in this context that we are looking to hire a Retail Account Manager for a permanent position. As a new recruit, you will be joining Mels's team and will ideally be based in either London or Reading.
We are looking for a candidate who will become a key member of the organization since you will become one of our client's main points of contact and warrantor of the smooth running of daily campaign tasks to ensure the continuity of a trusting business relationship.On a given day, your work might include:
We'd make a great team, if you meet the following requirements:
- Being proactive in your understanding of the Catalinian ecosystem (Business and Market, Clients, Products and Services, Etc.) and on the intricacies of its functioning internally (Teamwork Dynamics, Task Ownerships, Target KPIs, Etc.) and externally (Impact on Client Business and its Consumers, Potential Challenges and Opportunities, Etc.).
- Communicating on a regular basis with the customer through all the sales process (Briefing, Issues Assessment and Challenges and Final Product Delivery) and beyond becoming one of their main points of contact and trusted business partners for Campaign Execution (Addressing their queries and request for changes). Ensuring that deadlines are met without compromising on quality.
- Coordinating efforts internally and collaborating with stakeholder teams (Fellow Account Managers, Client Services, Analytics and Operations) for efficient and successful program design and the smooth running of campaigns. This involves keeping them up to date on the workload advancement and securing that everyone (including the client) is on the same page.
- Making sure all deliverables are on point before they reach the client. This includes the performing of thorough process management and quality checks (E.g.: Proofreading graphic materials, Error detection and correction and Including eventual late requests from the client).
- Proactively recommending and/or designing campaigns and organizing their implementation keeping in mind the learnings you acquire on the job (from previous campaigns) as well as learnings and best practices from global teams if applicable to the client's business to achieve constant campaign optimization and efficiency and driving the all-important revenue.
- Developing the skills of a true marketer by drawing customer proposals that consider shopper dynamics and grocery market trends that may challenge client thinking to achieve win-win situations. For this, you will have to produce compelling presentations and prototypes to create excitement to win over client hearts and minds.
What benefits are in it for you?
- You have an experience and proven results in a similar position in a B2B customer facing role (ideally in the Retail Industry) or in FMCG / Retail Marketing with a desire and the interpersonal skills to evolve in an Account Management Role. You are articulate in the manner you represent the company's interests and products.
- The Microsoft 365 Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) has no secrets for you and dispose of the capacity to create insightful presentations and contribute to impactful reports.
- As an Account Manager, you have a goal-oriented personality that will help you go above and beyond to achieve sales and campaign objectives as well as the assertiveness to handle difficult conversations with the client.
- Curious, you dispose of a growth mindset that will help you evolve in your role to learn and contribute, as desired, on a larger scale to the Team and Business.
- On top of adhering to Catalina's values, you are ambitious and, have great communication and collaboration skills. You are a problem solver who is result oriented and has an eye for detail. Finally, you have great organization/prioritization skills since you will be working in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires the ability to frequently travel to the client's site in London and Catalina offices in London & Reading to meet with colleagues
For this position, we are considering an annual salary within the 30K£-33K£ with an uncapped bonus based on the achievement of revenue target
with the commercial team.
Additionally, we offer an attractive package:
- The opportunity to work for a company that has been certified "Best Place to Work".
- An environment where you can grow with a benevolent management and contribute to challenging projects.
- Private Medical Insurance including family members.
- 24 days holiday plus your birthday day off.
- Permanent Health Insurance.
- Life insurance.
Additional practical information:
- Start Date: ASAP
- The recruitment process:
- 1st Interview with Andrès, Europe Talent Acquisition Manager
- 2nd Interview (Competency based) with Mel, Hiring Manager, and Anna, UK HR Manager
- 3rd Step: Presentation and Meet the Team with Mel, Hiring Manager and Prem, UK Managing Director.
If you recognize yourself in the company and in the criteria, you'd be a great candidate; we'd love to hear from you! Apply!