About The Collective
The Collective is the largest Co-Living provider across the globe. We are creating one of a kind, iconic and emotive spaces to live, work and play. We ensure the places we deliver are extraordinary, breaking the mould, creative and innovative spaces that challenge every concept. We own the process of creating buildings that enhance every aspect of our member's lives through community, convenience, and value.
We want free thinking, exhilarated individuals that always want to make the next best thing, strive for perfection and challenge every perception. We're looking for highly motivated, switched-on and down to earth individuals that are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to be the best in their field, challenge the status quo and deliver high quality results.
The Collective are at a pivotal point of growth. In the last 18 months we've transitioned into a global business, with offices and upcoming projects in the US and Germany in addition to London, providing a total of over 9000 co- living operational units under development. In order to fund this growth we've raised over $630 million in capital, and our gross assets are now valued in excess of $2.6 billion.
The Collective is dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and equality in all that we do. Inclusion is more than a buzzword to us - it's the foundation of our business. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most talented and passionate people.About The Role
Our technology capability and platforms are core to the development of our business; we believe that developing a deep understanding of our members and our teams will allow us to provide a best in class co-living product. Central to this capability is the ability to provide robust and well tested technology solutions.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will join the Engineering Team at The Collective to deliver new features and maintain critical services in our tech proposition, delivering key business value across the company.
Our QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions and extending our automated test coverage as new features are added to products. You will also review product requirements and track quality assurance metrics, including defect densities and open defect counts.
The QA engineer role plays a central part in our team's product development process. The ideal candidate will be familiar with Agile and own the test function within the Scrum team. You will be responsible for conducting tests in-sprint and running regression ahead of product releases to ensure software runs as expected and meets stakeholder requirements.
We have a human-centred approach that means we value people skills along with technical skills so we look for people who are team players and great communicators. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we'd like to meet you.Key responsibilities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track the resolution of bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when ahead of each release
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Liaise with internal teams e.g. developers, product managers and stakeholders to help identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and share your knowledge with the team
We expect this role to be busy and varied therefore you'll be happy and thrive in a multi-stakeholder environment where you manage your own timescales and priorities. You will have an understanding of commercial business and be happy to work across Finance, Operations, Marketing, Customer Experience and Technology. You will be a business facing technologist who likes to see the impact of the work they do and enjoys working with people across multiple teams. Whilst The Collective is an exciting place we know that we are immature; many of our systems and processes are not there yet but we know where we want to get to, and we want you to have a passion for making things better. We think you will be motivated by this possibility and keen to build on what we have already plus curious about where we can take it.
Your technical skills will have been gained from a range of roles and you will be a clear thinker who is comfortable explaining their thought process and discussing different approaches to a problem. You will be self-motivated and prefer to learn by doing, failing, and trying again. You have a can-do attitude to learning new skills and new tools. Essential skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes, including BBD/Cucumber
- 2+ years commercial experience
- Experience with exploratory testing, test case management
- Solid knowledge of Java scripting preferred along with some basic SQL
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as: Cucumber; Selenium; Postman; TestRail; RestAssured
Additionally, the key technical areas we prioritise:
- Proven work experience in Agile development environment
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with API and black box testing (also white box as a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
You will have a passion for technology solutions and bringing concepts to life and more than happy to stand up and demo to groups of stakeholders. More than anything though we want you to have ambition to be part of something special. In five years time we will have twenty beautiful buildings across seven cities generating amazing communities and lifestyles for our valued members. Creating a brilliant customer journey, a best-in-class website and technology solutions that interact with residents, will all need fantastic QA process and application. Some of our benefits
- Competitive salary package + discretionary bonus
- Up to 25 days holiday per year (not including bank holidays)
- Hybrid ways of working (we are currently operating fully remote due to COVID-19)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches (when we're in the office)
- Regular social gatherings with a monthly allowance for each employee (when it's safe)
- Annual company events
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
- Comprehensive medical insurance (with Vitality after probation)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced family policy (Maternity/Paternity)