Are you an experienced Flight Software Engineer
looking for your next career challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?Head of Flight Software Engineer
you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and great range of benefits, and be responsible for:
- Leading the Flight Software Team which is responsible for the design, development, integration, validation, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of satellite flight software.
- Ensuring the flight software is created to the required level of quality and delivered on time and to budget.
- Motivating and developing the Flight Software Team, mentoring junior staff and establishing strong team identity.
- Acting as subject matter expert in Flight Software development. Oversee the architectural design of the flight software on spacecraft.
- Coordinating with other teams at both spacecraft sub-system and system level to identify software needs and solutions.
To be considered for the Head of Flight Software Engineer
role, you will need to:
- Have a BSc or MSc in computer science, software engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have considerably commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
- Have experience leading a team, either in a managerial or technical capacity.
- Have experience with embedded, real-time software engineering.
- Have experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
- Have extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and approaches.
- Have experience in using and modifying Board Support Packages.
- Have experience in using design using UML.
- Knowledge of commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, and SpaceWire.
- Have experience in implementing real-time systems and software solutions on spacecraft missions.
- Have experience in developing and implementing test plans for spacecraft.
- Ideally have experience of all stages of mission design lifecycle from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Ideally have knowledge of MATLAB
- Ideally have knowledge of assemblers for microcontrollers.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.