Sword are a trusted partner to a significant number of Oil & Gas sector clients in the UK. Our Aberdeen based Energy Services team employs talented individuals who deliver Information Technology and Data Management solutions, leveraging the latest developments in systems and technology, whilst delivering a consistently first-class service to our customers.
As the pre-eminent provider of Information Technology services to the Energy Sector in Aberdeen, we have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Software Quality Engineer.
This requirement is for a QA focused Software Engineer with an exposure to or desire to gain experience in Cloud Native Software development & DevOps practices.MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Define & implement test strategy as a baseline for product development squads
- Integration & end to end testing
- Coaching & evangelist for QA practices
- Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with test frameworks & principles
- Experience with testing tools ( e.g. Selenium, Junit, Gherkin, Cucumber )
- Experience with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops
- Experience working in an Agile environment ( Scrum & Kanban )
- Experience with one of the main cloud providers
- Familiarity with modern architecture patterns e.g. serverless, micro-services
- Working knowledge & understanding of DevOps practices
- Software development experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus
This is a PAYE engagement
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- A numerate honours degree (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, Computing) with minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- An understanding of the Upstream industry from an operational and commercial perspective and knowledge of Upstream companies main strategic drivers.
- The ability to identify the major messages in complex subjects and communicate them in a clear and concise manner to help improve business performance and gain buy-in for new initiatives.