Technical Solutions Consultant
Cardiff / Home Based (Hybrid working model)
The technical solutions consultant is responsible for the implementation of LexisNexis Risk Solutions' identity products via all delivery channels (such as API and SDK) as well as providing third-level escalation support to create, sustain, and enhance client-generated revenue. These activities may include providing technical and business process-related consulting services directly to clients, specific support for, and liaison with sales, product, and support teams.
The technical solutions consultant should demonstrate acumen in the products supported, knowledge of common software development and service integration practices and demonstrate professional and confident communication skills. Accountabilities
Essential Skills And Attributes
- Provides technical integration and consulting services directly to external clients, sales teams, and support colleagues;
- Shares product knowledge, best practices, and technical examples with customers in order to advance implementation completion;
- Conducts analysis and apply problem-solving skills to determine root cause of issues;
- Collaborates with, engage and escalate to appropriate resources when necessary to get issues addressed. Own correspondence with the customer until issue is resolved.
- Provides installation, implementation and configuration support, while keeping implementation project plans up-to-date.
- Communicates technical terms to internal and external clients of varying levels of technical understanding.
- Utilises technical expertise to provide 3rd level support for customers;
- Conducts technical presentations and product demonstrations regarding integration with LexisNexis Risk Solutions' products.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
- Consultative skills with the ability to collaborate and to explore options, to demonstrate and to effectively use active listening skills to understand client needs;
- Experience integrating APIs - for example SOAP and/or REST services
- Some software development experience using a common language such as (but not limited to) Java, PHP, C++ or C#
- Awareness of best practice in relation to integration of services
- Has ability to use data quality concepts and tools to effectively resolve client issues, while valuing client needs as high priority;
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. Advanced Level ability to deliver client presentations and performance analysis;
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- An interest in modern software development
- Project management experience - for example in leading or coordinating project activities
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.