Test Lead Location:
Cambridge, UK (currently home working due to Covid 19 restrictions, with mixture of office working when restrictions allow)Employment Type:
1Spatial's mission is to place location data at the heart of decision making for government and the commercial sector, enabling their services to deliver safer, sustainable and smarter communities. We are an award-winning global business with a passion for data and are leaders at implementing and supporting geospatial solutions.
We are looking for approachable, smart and innovative people to join our great teams in Cambridge (UK), Ireland, France, Belgium, Australia, USA and Tunisia. Would you be a good fit for 1Spatial's Aeronautical Development team?
1Spatial's aeronautical development team is responsible for developing bespoke applications within the aeronautical sector. We are looking for people to join an exciting programme that will deliver state of the art data management and data integrations products to the aeronautical and defence industry. As part of this team, you will help 1Spatial deliver its next generation aeronautical products that will provide insight to make aviation safer, smarter and more sustainable. By joining our talented aeronautical teams, you will be part of a programme of work that is central to 1Spatial's growth strategy
As Test Lead, you will thrive within agile cross-functional teams and ensure the team build quality in. You will be passionate about continuous improvement and confident collaborating with developers, testers and in the wider testing community. You will be skilled as a hands-on Test Lead with experience on supporting cross team testing, delivering requirements to a high standard, and architecting and implementing test automation infrastructure.You will be responsible for:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working within agile processes for short cycle, fast-paced deliveries.
- Coordinating test activities between multiple component test teams and integration of the end system.
- Ensuring the correct testing, requirements traceability and CI/CD processes are implemented across multiple teams and the teams are empowered with the correct test automation and delivery infrastructure.
- Contributing to a cross functional team of developers, testers, and product managers to deliver automated tests and sign off releases of enhancements and new features for the aeronautical development project
- Proven experience of coordinating test activities following fundamentals of software testing and performing system integration testing
- Ability to architect and create automated acceptance testing framework
- Experience in non-functional testing - security and performance.
- Proven use of requirement traceability tooling and processes and/or BDD frameworks
- Experience using:
-Automated testing tools and frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium and RestAssured in well-structured clean-code Java.
-Subversion tooling (GIT)
-Continuous integration environment and build tools (e.g., Jenkins/ AzureDevOps, Maven)
-Database technologies and scripting to create and validate data for ETL (Extract Transform and Load) processes.
-Test frameworks and build integration tools to automate testing of microservices and SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) systemsDesirable Skills and Experience:
What we can offer:
- Experience using or keen interest in GIS (Geographic Information Systems) tools and systems
- Experience working in the Government or Defence sectors
- Experience of acceptance and unit testing ReactJS applications
- Experience working with In-House and Off-Shore team of developers and testers
When we return to our spacious open plan office, you will also benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme
- Group income protection scheme
- Private health insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Buying/selling annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal Development Allowance to support your Continuous Professional Development
- Active social programme including both virtual and in-person events
- Free car parking
- Easy rail access
- Soft drinks and fruit
If you require further information or would like an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com and we will arrange for you to speak with the hiring manager.We require that all candidates are able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.