Holland & Barrett International is one of the world's leading health and wellness retailers and the largest in Europe, supplying its customers with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, health supplements, specialist foods and natural beauty products with over 145 years of experience in the industry. The majority of our portfolio is based in the UK with owned stores, we also have stores in Belgium, Sweden, Holland and the Republic of Ireland. Our name is a familiar sight in almost every major city and town across the UK and is becoming increasingly more visible further afield, in markets as diverse as the Netherlands and Malta to the UAE, China and India.
We require an experienced Senior Platform Engineer to help us deliver core cloud infrastructure while engineering productivity and reliability tools, which will enable our teams to deliver great services. You'll be a driving force on this mission, mentoring less experienced colleagues, whilst ensuring best-in-class design and implementation of the next phase of our infrastructure. You'll be empowered to make architectural decisions and drive change if there's a more intelligent solutionResponsibilities
- Evolve the platform and how we deliver our services by developing and helping teams adopt our cloud infrastructure, observability and CI/CD offering
- Design, write and deliver software that improves the lives of our engineers and the scalability of our platform
- Ability to influence and introduce change into development teams. This might be introducing new tooling, new processes or ways of working to improve developer productivity and scale
- Drive engineering productivity and reliability practices across our tech organization by providing guidance, best practices and working closely with product teams
- Experiment, learn new things and help grow those around you
- Managing a production Kubernetes cluster
- CI/CD pipeline management
- Coding/scripting experience (ideally Golang / Python / Bash)
- Comfortable with Git
Communication and Leadership:
- Developer Enablement
- Chaos Engineering
Why Join us:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate with various types of senior stakeholders from Engineers to business leads.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business - engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Good influencing, persuasion and presentation skills - able to interact with Business Unit Leaders, clearly communicate visions and influence as needed.
- Work at forefront of modern architecture
- Learn new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent salaries, (we want the best people)
- Choose your own hardware.
- Extreme Flexibility (yes you can work from home; yes, we can accommodate part time hours)
- The best coffee we can source (so far!)