VP of Web EngineeringCompensation:
Competitive + BenefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermGenesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We've just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we're recruiting now for a Senior Web Developer. Interested? Read on to find out more.What are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for an Senior Developer to join our Platform team at an exciting time of our rapid expansion. Reporting to the VP of Web Development, our vision is to create a world class platform for our clients.
This is a very technology focused role requiring an understanding of the browser, messaging patterns, good software architecture, databases and a desire to create a high-performance framework that is easy for Product Developers and clients to use. The role is very varied and covers all aspects of technology with a focus on parallel processing, speed, reliability, scalability, and distributed processing.How you'll play your part
The experience you'll bring
- Design and implementation of common APIs and components used throughout the genesis platform
- Working iteratively and collaboratively with end-users and across development and design teams
- Synthesizing product requirements, technology constraints, and strategic considerations into effective designs and plans for execution
- Close attention to quality, performance, and timeliness in delivery
- Awareness of trends and developments in web and other technologies
- Mentoring, code reviews, communicating, and otherwise leading in your areas of expertise
- Initiative and ownership in continuously improving the quality and capabilities of the platform and processes of the engineering team
We require highly capable frontend engineers with proven track records working in agile engineering teams on fast paced commercial projects, preferably within the financial industry. You should be a natural problem solver with a passion for staying at the forefront of web technology.
Preferred skills and experience
- SDLC pipelines
- Agile environments
- Multiple web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- NodeJS and NPM
- Working with Design Systems
- Testing strategies
- Understanding of design patterns
- Highly motivated
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What a role with Genesis offers
- Comfortable working outside of a web framework
- Deeper understanding of the browser and web technology
- Native web components
- Microsoft FAST
- Lerna (Monorepo setups)
- Microservice architecture and containerisation
- Java / Kotlin
- Financial markets exposure
- Real-time high-frequency low-latency systems
- Github repo and / or an open-source contributor
- Avid learner
- A love of documenting and explaining your work
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Plan
- Company Bonus Plan
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we'll be in touch once we've reviewed your CV.
We are only accepting applications from candidates directly. Given application volumes, we do not require approaches or CV's from recruitment agencies.
Genesis - Code Less, Do MoreAbout Us
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets - changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!