At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we're united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won't transform a business or save the world: it's the people that count.Business Platform Introduction
To support our ambitious growth in the UK and overseas, we have decided to build our own end to end software solution to run our business.
One of our main drivers is to become more data driven and you will be joining the business platform team at an early stage on our data journey. The nascent data team's goal is to set up the data, analytical, and predictive capability and shift the business culture.
The business team is operating with cutting edge technologies and has established high performing ways of working allowing our junior members to learn product management best practices.About You
As a Data Analyst, you will help to establish, maintain and improve internal reporting at AND. This will cover every part of the data journey from the ETL process linked to our in house system to providing business insight to key stakeholders. As a result, you will need to be able to:
- Work closely with the wider business and key stakeholders to understand and prioritise business requirements for reporting while also acting as an advocate for the power of adopting a data driven mindset
- Provide technical data expertise to support the Data Steward and other Data Analysts in the data team
- Provide data driven insight on business performance and suggest areas for improvement
- Ensure best practice is adhered to in relation to processing data and providing reports to the business
- Analyse the users behaviours to understand the relevant data to capture and influence the evolution of the system to drive more value
To do that, it's essential
you bring the following:
It's Helpful If You Also Have
- A good understanding of SQL or equivalent relational databases
- Experience of building and maintaining Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models.
- Experience of automating data processes, including ETL and data pipelines
- Experience of building and maintaining reports using BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- The ability to convey complex data in an easy to interpret form for a range of business users
- Some knowledge of a relevant programming language eg Python or R
- Experience of AWS data technologies - DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis Pipelines, Glue, Lambda, QuickSight, etc
- A history of reporting against sales pipeline, financial performance and/ or HR metrics
- Experience presenting findings to stakeholders
- Knowledge of GDPR and the ability to set up suitable processes to meet these requirements
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there's nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here's three key things to understand about us:
- We're built for people - like, real humans. Not 'resources' or 'staff'. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There's no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That's exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it's business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we'll be in touch.