KidsKnowBest is a data-driven advertising agency; informed by insights, powered by kids. We specialise in market research, insights, content and distribution with clients including Mattel, Universal, SONY, Warner Bros and many others. We collaborate with a diverse set of partners, providing solutions to better inform their brand and marketing decision-making in the kids and family sector.The Role
KidsKnowBest is looking for a CTO to join our ever-expanding product and data team. Reporting into the Chief Strategy Officer, as CTO, your primary responsibility is to ensure that best in class considerations are built into the development of technical data collection, storage and visualisation solutions. As part of this role, will be the responsibility for assessing existing and potential solutions, roadmapping and delivering the execution of the go-to-market strategy. Responsibilities ...
Who you are:
- Tech strategy - co-develop the technical strategy with the exec and product team.
- Work with the wider business to identify opportunity for automation and efficiency.
- Write technical documentation, including performing a technical debt review of existing solutions.
- Develop and manage a technical roadmap and system architecture.
- Develop data collection, database and visualisation tools.
- Prepare products for client-side implementation, and launch.
- Constantly improve the design - look and feel of our digital customer journey and user experience.
- Advise on data collection solutions and integrate with 3rd parties, including writing APIs where relevant.
- Project and team management - manage our product dev pipeline, working with internal and external support.
- Responsible for advising on and hiring technical talent.
- Engineering execution - responsible for ensuring that the product vision/s are realised through the lines of code and integrations built.
- Presenting reports on a company's technological status, goals and progress.
- Maintaining current and relevant knowledge of technological developments.
- Ensure the quality of the platform uses quality metrics such as code coverage.
- Ensuring that all data collected, stored within the tech nology products are compliant with current laws and regulations (GDPR, COPPA, MRS etc).
5-8 years work experience in a technical leadership role, either agency of industry focussed, with a:
- Proven track record of building and launching tech solutions
- You have a data-driven / hypothesis-led approach to decision making
- Advanced social skills, a team player and well-organized
- Independent, driven, creative, strategic and responsible
- Good communicator, strong persuasive skills
- An understanding of how commercial companies use data to drive decisions
- Some understanding of the media and especially the kids media industry
- With a focus on digital, marketing and advertising
- Any agency or startup experience is beneficial
- Entrepreneurial and a self starter
- Experience in building and leading a project timeline
- Management of junior and some senior staff
- The ability to manage upwards and deliver on realistic schedules
KidsKnowBest Manifesto - What you can expect:
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Work rewards subscription through Rewards Gateway
- Flexible hours (WFH / WFO)
- 28 pro-rata annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays
Our key values underpin all we do:Never stop talking to kids, and adults, on a human level
We take time to see things from a kid's perspective; we invest time to listen to them, hear them and validate their experiences and opinions. By doing this we're able to help an industry that often feels they know better about what kids want than the kids themselves. And it's the same with how we work with clients.Loyalty matters
Whether it be colleagues or clients, this is something we value hugely. Working at or with KidsKnowBest is always a two-way street, a partnership not an arrangement. We have huge ambitions here, but no matter how big we get it is important to always remember how you got here.Always disrupt
"But we've always done it like that." In a fast-moving and ever-changing landscape, this way of thinking doesn't align with our values. Our natural state is to be disruptive and this needs to be harnessed for good. Ask questions and challenge the status quo; Does it have to be like this? Is there a better solution? Don't disrupt for the sake of it. Disruptive thinking shouldn't be a distraction from knowing a good thing when we see it, but it should empower an open-minded approach to a problem.Think differently
Never assume, always think differently. However you do it, always find the insight and data to back it up. You might think you've got an amazing idea, and you probably have. Now find the data to back it up or conduct an experiment and make others believe.Approach with agnosticism
"We all fear what we do not understand." Unless there is data to support, almost everything in life is subjective. Our interests and thoughts may be vastly different to the kids we interact with but that doesn't mean either is right or wrong. For every sound argument against, there will also be a sound argument for. We want to listen and understand kids and their interests. We can't do that authentically if we come in with our own prejudices. We need to instead assess things fairly with an open mind and no preconceptions.Be nice