HMRC is looking for a Digital Delivery Manager - Contract - Manchester/ Southend/ LondonThis is a REMOTE 9 month initial contract
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Manchester/ Southend/ London,
if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.The Digital Delivery Manager
will be required to:
- On a day to day basis you will manage and monitor staffing requirements and resource plans and taking responsibility for recruitment into your Pod. The successful candidate will be responsible for risk management of their product/s - managing risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies; and escalating where necessary through the correct channels.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the service management for the Product/s you're responsible for - ensuring products meet quality standards to be accepted into live in a timely manner and ensuring the Product/s are closely monitored in production.
- You will have strong stakeholder management experience and will be expected to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders across HMRC, wider Government Departments and vendors for your Product/s.
- You will represent your Pod at a variety of high-profile meetings and forums and will be expected to regularly report back to the Data Platform Services Senior Leadership Team.
- You will be responsible for overall financial tracking within your Pod, working with other Business areas as appropriate. You'll use the best practices of Agile, and Lean principles and methodologies to ensure product changes are delivered to time and quality. You will be responsible for, and will work closely with the Delivery Leads and Scrum Masters within your Pod to deliver and support your Product/s.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring their team understand and adhere to DPS processes and follow security practices. The successful candidate will review and work with the wider team to improve processes and practices where appropriate.
- You will report to the Head of Engineering and Data Operations for Data Platform Services but work closely with the entire team as a member of the DPS Extended Leadership Team.
- Experience of leading cross-functional team/s to design/deliver/support IT changes and brand new systems on enterprise software
- Experience of service management for critical systems.
- Experience of resource planning and financial tracking.
- Must be a robust character who can thrive and survive in a fast paced, multi-threaded environment with often conflicting and shifting priorities. Must be able to provide leadership and strength to your team in times of change and uncertainty.
- Understanding of Cloud computing and virtualised environments and how best to utilise them and leverage their benefits for development flexibility and efficiency
- Working understanding of DevOps practices to improve business performance through increased productivity and innovation.
- Successfully applied Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban practices and
- A proven record of using Agile practices to deliver quality products and services at scale
- Experience of scaling Agile
- Experience of Programme Delivery
- Experience working with a mixed team of permanent and external resources
- Experience in the Data & Analytics technology landscape