Junior ETL Database Migration DeveloperLocation
Flexible remote working with some requirement to attend our offices in Shepherd's Bush, LondonSalary and benefits
Competitive, with 24 days annual leave (plus UK public holidays)
ToucanTech is a fast-growing tech company specialising in innovative community management software.
We are looking for a talented, smart and enthusiastic data migration developer to join our experienced data team. Your responsibilities will include
- Migrating large data sets from legacy applications into the ToucanTech database
- Automating and improving efficiency of data migrations by building and editing a library of scripts
- Thinking of new and innovative ways to improve the data migration process
- Feeding back to the product team with ideas/ improvements for database architecture etc.
You'll be part of a data team of seven people (including three other developers) working alongside a larger technical team of six full time web developers. ToucanTech also has staff working in product, sales, marketing, operations and customer support & training.Required SkillsRequirements
- SQL; and,
- Talend (or similar ETL migration tool); and,
- Code review - experience with GIT, GITHub (not essential)
- PHP (back-end/ database)(not essential)
This is a full-time graduate role at a junior level. Our office is based in West London, but you will also be free to work from home some of the week at your convenience once you have settled in (during COVID restrictions all team members are working remotely).
Some of the benefits of this role
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and style, with option to work remotely
- Training and support to develop your skills and career
- Regular team events, lunches and meetups
- Free snacks at the office and frequent birthday cakes/ drinks
- 24 days holiday p/a (plus bank holidays)
- Access to the annual bonus scheme
To apply, please attach your CV, including any relevant experience. We will ask you to complete a short test as part of the application process and interviews will be conducted over video calls.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to sponsor foreign working visas, so you will need to have the right to work in the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you