Position: Senior PHP Developer
Experience: 4+ years
Job Location: Remote (UK Wide)
Newly launched SaaS rental platform Zoa - the UK's first white-label rental platform, which has been praised for lowering the barriers for other retailers and brands to start their own rental offering. With our recent investment, we are now looking to dramatically scale our tech team to develop new features.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on innovative tech in a rapidly growing company.
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be both driving the development and architecture of a SaaS rental platform as well as influencing decisions on processes within the development department. You will push the boundaries of the current team workflow whilst suggesting and implementing best practices for the team to follow.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, develop, test, release and support)
* Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
* Troubleshoot and debug to optimise performance
* Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
* Support the development department and implement new processes
* Minimum 4+ years experience with strong knowledge of PHP.
* Solid experience of Object Oriented PHP, Laravel Framework.
* Solid experience of MVC architecture, Web Services, TDD.
* Solid experience of MySQL databases implementations, queries, and optimisation.
* Solid experience of using code versioning tools like Git, etc.
* Experience in working with frontend frameworks such as Vue.js, React or Angular would be beneficial.
* Understanding of Microservices, Domain-driven design etc.
* Understanding Agile methodology.
* Writing clean, bug-free code, ensuring coding quality meets industry standards
Zoa is fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ('the protected characteristics'.) We aim to create a working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment in any form, in which all staff, customers and suppliers are treated with dignity and respect.
Zoa will not unlawfully discriminate in the arrangements we make for recruitment and selection or in the opportunities afforded for employment, training or any other benefit. All decisions will be made fairly and objectively. We aim, as far as reasonably practicable, to ensure that all our working practices are applied fairly and consistently and, where necessary, we will take reasonable steps to avoid or overcome any particular disadvantage these may cause and to promote equality.