Site Reliability Engineer - £65,000 - £85,000
One of the UK's most thriving Computer Software companies is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their talented team and help them along their journey of expansion and development. The ideal candidate will have experience in Linux, Configuration Management, Scripting, and will have some Cloud exposure.
If successful, you will be involved in projects such as:
- Migrating from on-prem to Cloud (AWS/GCP)
- International expansion (security, data-localisation)
- Add more metrics in the platform, single sign-on, introducing storybook on the front end
The company has scaled from 40 people to 100 in the last year, and revenue has grown 50%. They are a £30m revenue business and have hard line to £50m over the next year, the pandemic has actually increased their business!
They have built a platform that helps improve productivity, allows for high-quality information to be shared effectively and ultimately drives businesses into making better, smarter decisions.The Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working within a close-knit team of skilled individuals, who are responsible for the availability and reliability of the platform and core services, ensuring that they meet the requirements of internal and external users.
You will work across the full breadth of the company's tech stack, from networking, operation system hardening, container management and orchestration through to automation development. The Site Reliability Engineer will possess the following skills/experience:
The Following is Nice to Have . .
- Good grounding in Linux
- Ability to code in a language (doesn't have to be commercial, but willingness and eagerness to learn is key!)
- Should have good configuration management/provisioning experience with either Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes (would be nice but ECS or similar tools are fine)
- Scripting in Go, Bash, Ruby as main application stack. Someone who can write puppet manifests or Ansible playbooks could also work
- Someone who rolls their sleeves up and gets on with it!