Occupational Health Advisor (Case Manager)Location:
Part Time Contract Type:
£42,000pa + benefits
At Health Management we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Health Advisors (OHA) to join us in delivering a quality Occupational Health service to our valued clients across the UK.
This position will suit an experienced Occupational Health Advisor who has a passion for delivering Case Management. The role will involve working across multiple industries, so if you are also looking for some variety in your next role, this may be the next step in your career.
Working from home, your duties will include:
- Contacting the employee directly within 48 hours of notification from the client. The call will provide an assessment of the background to the specific circumstances and ascertain the required level of support needed to achieve a return to health and work.
- Working with the employee to map out a return to work plan and a target return to work date.
- Providing feedback in the form of a report, detailing the principal issues affecting the employee and include the prognosis, agreed return to work plan and target return to work date.
- Providing advice to employees on improving their health and support in returning them to work/maintaining their attendance.
- Managing cases from date of referral to sustained return to work, following up with individuals as required and updating HR/line managers on the outcome of those interventions
- Providing reports within 24 hours following initial contact. The structure of the report is set out in the manual but should contain as a minimum the reasons for referral, likely timescale of RTW, any medical/non-medical barriers to returning to work and if any adjustments may be required
- Liaising with treatment providers and suppliers where necessary (e.g. GP's, Employee Assistance Programmes, Specialists etc.) to support the employee in their rehabilitation and understand their progress
The ideal candidate will have experience as an Occupational Health Advisor in a commercial setting as well as strong Case Management experience.
You will be a Registered General Nurse (RGN) and hold either an Occupational Health Nursing Degree or Diploma. Candidates with relevant experience but no additional OH Nursing qualification may also be considered. Current NMC registration is essential.
As this is a home-based position, broadband costs will be paid for by the business as well as your professional registration fees with the NMC.
Health Management is a subsidiary of MAXIMUS UK and one of the UK's leading occupational health providers. We believe a healthy and productive workforce is critical to business success. As such, we deliver holistic corporate health and wellness programmes that enable organisations to promote and maintain the physical, mental and social wellbeing of their employees.
If this position sounds of interest and you feel it may be time for a change, why not click apply and one of Talent team will be in touch.