We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to Join the framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client EDF Energy Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF's Dungeness location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
Assistant Project Managers are accountable to the Project Manager for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Assistant Project Manager will support the Project Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery, in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion. This role has no direct reports.
The role will be based at Dungeness B Power Station. Flexible working arrangements between site and home / office are possible. In this role you will report to the Jacobs Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
Everyone working in our team will need the ability to obtain CTC or SC level UK security clearance.
• Typically, degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject.
• APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
• Versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations have an understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
• Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable technical, safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitate, run and chair project meetings (including regular progress meetings) as required and delegated by the Project Manager.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
• Prepare Enquiry specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
• Review and, where delegated by the Project Manager, approve project documentation including contractor's project documentation where applicable.
• Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers, engineers, safety case specialists and station staff as required.