Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.Senior Civil Engineer Opportunities at GHDAbout GHD
With more than 9000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents. GHD's core service sectors include water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation and our people share a passion for successful project delivery, innovative consultancy and exceptional results.About the Position
We currently have a number of opportunities for Senior Civil Engineers to join our expanding Civil & Structural team providing technical expertise and leadership on some very exciting projects. The roles are anticipated to be based in either our Newcastle or Leeds offices. The successful candidates will have experience across residential, commercial, industrial and public sectors and will have demonstrable experience is preparing Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, Flood Risk Management, drainage design, river restoration.Role and Responsibilities
As one of our Team Leaders your role will encompass the following responsibilities:
Qualifications, Technical Skills and Experience Required
- Have knowledge and experience of S278 and S38 schemes including detailed highway design
- Have knowledge and experience of S104 schemes including detailed drainage design and hydraulic modelling
- Develop technical drawings to support S38, S278 and S104 submissions
- Undertake Drainage Impact Assessments and Flood Risk Assessments for new development
- Manage and undertake the gathering and review of planning data
- Explain technical concepts to others including more junior colleagues and clients
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of presentations and present information to internal and external groups
- Manage small (or elements of larger) projects, managing the production of analysis and associated outputs, ensuring outputs are delivered on time and to an excellent standard
- Provide updates to project managers/directors in terms of the progress of tasks in line with programmes
- Provide direction and technical advice to junior project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential.
- Managing the delivery of projects or acting as discipline lead within a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain client contact and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements.
- Ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Undertake project delivery tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches and reports.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
We are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent degree
- Chartered Engineer/Environmentalist or near Chartership (MICE or MCIWEM).
- Experience of AutoCAD Civil 3D/PDS and Microdrainage TuFlow Flood Modeller Pro
- Experience of working within a 3D design environment and an ability to work to BIM protocols would be desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a willingness to lead and develop in a leading global consultancy. You will possess the following attributes.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge.
- Proactive at identifying improvements and quality of outputs
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise
- Ability to meet and agree deadlines.
- Ability to motivate, lead and coach a team of engineers and technicians
Being the best that we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative, and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.Our commitment to you:
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.Who we are:
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 90,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.Interested? Please hit the apply now button.
At GHD we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD aims to provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to gender reassignment, age, disability, religion, or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, or race.