- Sources, negotiates, selects and on-boards new infrastructure providers with unique networks in strategic data transit routes for network expansion and selling to GCNs.
- Manages commercial relationship with third party suppliers in the fibre and duct infrastructure and connectivity area, in support of Global Content Network (GCN) providers for revenue generation, retention and demonstrable year-on-year cost savings.
- Supports business divisions to achieve the revenue, sales, profitability and customer satisfaction targets (through contract management and stringent contractual SLAs)
- Owns the negotiation/commercials of new long-term backbone IRUs and renewals of existing dark fibre/duct infrastructure across all markets.
- Actively drives network expansion together with GCN Sales and the Engineering teams, to enable infrastructure contract on-boarding, contract management, enhancing market reach, unit cost improvement and migration savings.
Skills & Experience
- Individual contributor working in team environment to meet common objectives & continuous development
- Delivery of savings target and regular forecasting
- Infrastructure supplier relationship development & market strategy
- Internal stakeholder support and project coordination (e.g. Supplier onboarding, Sales, Quoting, Operations and Engineering)
- Continuous review of vendor engagement model, performance and effectiveness using scorecards which is shared with the supplier and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of infrastructure supporting telecoms data products, suppliers and the wholesale business.
- Good understanding of infrastructure and data telecoms services contracts
- Strong communication skills in technical and international environments
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative methods to produce a richer and more comprehensive understanding of the research area
- Good experience of negotiating complex, high value deals at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on substantial financial targets
- Demonstrated ability to work in a large, matrixed organisation, with multicultural teams successfully influencing others & building relationships through exceptional communication skills
- Highly customer focused, open to innovation with a hands-on approach and keen to contribute towards transformational change
- Knowledge about the infrastructure market in Europe, sub-sea networks and international data traffic routes preferred.
Relationships and key contacts
- Focused on the customer & achieving frictionless interactions with internal stakeholders.
- A strong sense of ownership & collaborative approach to ensure we deliver our objectives.
- Driven by a curious, challenging ambition to transform the way we work.
- Forward looking and resilient to challenges and change.
- Spoken and written English as well as French a pre-requisite
- Develop positive working relationship with internal customers and other functions across all levels in the organisation
- Work with technical resources to ensure standard operating procedures are in place to manage support & future development
- Support transformation team with the overall change roadmap
- Specific experience of working with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Facebook, IBM, Oracle, Atos and other Global Content Network providers advantageous
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring