At Airbus, our purpose is to "pioneer sustainable aviation for a safe & united world". To do so, we have the ambition to develop the world's first zero-emission commercial aircraft by 2035.
As a member of the ZEROe project, you will join a team of highly motivated and valuable people who are involved in aircraft concept exploration, technologies development, next generation industrial system and future hydrogen ecosystem preparation that will shape the development of our zero-emission aviation.
We are looking for talented candidates who can reinforce our project team by bringing their experience in their field of expertise as well as making the difference through proven interpersonal and collaboration skills.Your Accountabilities
As part of Airbus and to accelerate the development of a Zero Emissions Aviation, the job holder will be accountable for
Your Main Responsibilities
- Supporting a multi-system architecture definition of aircraft concepts, with particular focus on leading hydrogen (H2) supplier equipment design, development, test, integration and qualification.
- Providing excellent component level knowledge across all fuel systems including fuel feed, refuel, vent, control and indication, etc including equipment requirements and the interfaces, in particular: powerplant, thermal management systems etc.
- Driving the associated necessary fuel system technology development and ensuring that appropriate demonstration means are in place, either at the equipment supplier's or our own test facilities, to secure maturity of the necessary technological concepts
- Driving the selection of technological trades and equipment suppliers while ensuring safety, certification and product value generation.
- Developing the necessary competences and skills of future hydrogen specialists, to secure Airbus competence readiness
- Engaging with key stakeholders both internally and externally, working with our growing H2 fuel systems team and developing key relationships with partners and suppliers to drive Airbus' ZEROe ambition
Who We Are Looking For
- Provide technical approval in the research, design, integration and certification of H2 fuel components.
- Lead supplier management activities, including design studies and supplier design reviews of H2 components and present credible solutions and recommendations to stakeholders to achieve agreed and validated system designs.
- Work with our test teams to identify and prepare validation and verification activities to demonstrate compliance with system requirements.
- Provide the technical contribution to equipment supply chain multi-function teams
- Maintain and contribute to the latest knowledge of standards and regulations relating to the safe and environmentally correct use of H2.
- Coach others in the understanding of the physical characteristics and fluid behaviours of liquid and gaseous hydrogen, in particular the resulting requirements/limitations on system and component design, installation and operation.
Because our ZEROe project is preparing the future of aviation, we are looking for a highly skilled and passionate engineer, able to bring their energy and expertise into the Airbus Engineering universe.
Required Educational Background and Experience:
Come Join Our Team!
- Knowledge and experience of hydrogen fuel systems equipment (pumps, valves, heat exchangers, etc) with a particular focus on liquid cryogenic hydrogen
- Ability to share knowledge to non-specialist resources
- Experience in an Research & Technology (R&T) context, including capability to drive innovation
- Highly curious and proactive person with a great sense of initiative, flexibility, integrity, able to manage confidential topics
- Strong team spirit, easy contact, good networking, interpersonal and communication skills
- Project management / supplier management experience would be a plus
Airbus' zero emission programme is growing. If you have the passion, ambition, energy and competence to make a step change in this transformation - we want you! Your dream job starts here!
If your profile matches with our requirements and you are interested in joining our dynamic and multicultural team of professionals, you can complete your application online (providing your CV and cover letter outlining your motivation).
Join Airbus now and embrace the opportunity to make a difference. We make it fly and you can too.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.