We're Epsilon. We've quadrupled our European business in the last three years, been acquired by Publicis Groupe for US$4.4 billion, and signed many of the world's most loved brands to our growing roster of European clients - some of which, you'll be working with.
We're disrupting both marketing and advertising technology industries, combining the two by harnessing our wealth of consumer insight and data to deliver personalised communications to more than 200 million individuals.
Our entire business focusses on giving our clients the means to truthfully measure the value we create. In an industry that's too-often associated with false promises and ambiguity, we pride ourselves on honesty and accountability.
And we're seeking our next Business Systems Analyst to help us define our future as a centre of excellence for scalable technology within Publicis Groupe.Job Description
A Technical Business Analyst at Epsilon is responsible for onboarding of client marketer data which is at the core of what makes us stand out in comparison to our competitors in the digital marketing space. Our role is to assess the client's goals and strategies for their digital marketing campaigns and to onboard conversion-based customer data into our standardised database systems of which our network is driven.
The TBA is a unique hybrid role within the Engineering department at Epsilon. Our team consists of TBAs and Developers in an agile methodology environment. The TBA manages and oversees the integration and automation of the client's marketer party data and is the trusted advisor and stakeholder representing our datawarehouse team.
TBAs engage with clients to gather data requirements, analyse client's original data using SQL or terminal commands to create business and mapping rules, work with developers to onboard the data and manage the deployment, and meet with internal stakeholders to review client data results. Post onboarding, the TBA provides ongoing internal cross-team support for data automation monitoring and client development data driven strategies.You'll be responsible for
QualificationsWe're looking for people who
- Interpreting customer needs and translate into understandable written requirements.
- Developing an understanding of client's original data.
- Analysing complex business problems and provide technical expertise for creating developer requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT on an as needed basis.
- Leading cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Providing details to stakeholders regarding agreed upon solutions and their impact.
- Building and maintaining relationships within the organisation and with external partners and understand the unique needs of each partnership.
- Providing expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
- Database deliverables include file manipulations and report building.
- Following a data loading plan and support data maintenance policy.
- Located in London or commutable distance from our office in White City.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in technical business analyst or similar role, and within digital marketing is a plus.
- Are passionate about problem-solving and using their analytical side.
- Can clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications.
- Have experience with and enjoy working with clients, internal cross-teams, and developers.
- Want to be a leader and have a strong sense of ownership.
- Good organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment.
- Understand how data tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables for a relational model.
- Have a working knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database design.
- Experience using Linux operational systems and simple command lines for interrogating data files.
- Understanding of internal ETL application systems.
Learning and development is a big focus for us, fostering the career growth of our people. In addition to unlimited online learning, we regularly host world-leading industry experts, who give talks and workshops for our teams in our on-site learning and development centre. Colleagues are encouraged to partake in peer-to-peer learning, adding to an ever-growing training menu designed to cultivate continual development within the company.
Our European headquarters, located in the iconic Television Centre in White City, is home to our focussed and friendly team of 200, backed by Epsilon-Conversant's global footprint of 8,000 colleagues, and Publicis Groupe's 80,000 strong global presence. Designed to maximise both productivity and downtime - fussball, ping pong and pool tables, alongside wellness treatments such as yoga, reflexology, acupuncture and massages, plus Publicis' Marcel Cafe with panoramic views across London's skyline - our office emphasises the individual, with spaces for sociable and collaborative working, alongside quieter areas for colleagues to focus.
We're friendly, small and approachable at heart, yet big in presence. Directly competing with the biggest names in advertising, we're evolving the industry through our technology and data, and we're seeking the brightest minds to support our future growth, driven by making their mark on the future of the industry.