An opportunity to join a young distillery business as part of the leadership team, this role will drive and co-ordinate all the marketing efforts of the business, including new product launches.
The Borders Distillery in Hawick opened in 2018 - the first Scotch Whisky distillery in the Scottish Borders since 1837. The distillery is laying down stock for the future release of a Single Malt, and makes gin, vodka, and two blended whiskies. The distillery's production tours are one of the South of Scotland's most popular tourist attractions.
• Responsible for all consumer-facing comms for the distillery and our spirits portfolio - maintaining a joined-up approach across social media, digital and press advertising, sponsorships and events, and influencer partnerships
• Managing our digital agency partners to drive e-commerce traffic, revenue, and profit
• Production of fresh content alongside the use of existing brand assets for social media, website, and advertising. Experience in copy-writing and basic graphic design, photo- and video-editing skills are required
• Brand management of each of the spirits within a broad portfolio approach which emphasises the distillery as the "hero"
• Implementation of our existing plan for new product launches in the run up to the release of our Single Malt, working with our design agency and distilling colleagues to develop the planned new expressions. Whilst product innovation and/or pack design experience would be advantageous, this role also represents an opportunity for marketers from digital or service sector backgrounds to gain experience in product and pack development
• Line-management of a Trade Marketing & Events Executive (which the B&C Manager will help to recruit), and responsibility for budget management and agency relationships
• This is a leadership role in the business, and a minimum of 5 years of previous Brand Management or marketing agency experience is required
• Whilst previous experience within the world of drinks would obviously be advantageous, it is more important the applicant has personal enthusiasm for Scotch Whisky and premium spirits
This role requires flexible working - with a mix of working at the distillery office in Hawick and working from home, plus occasional travel for meetings and events, some of which may take place during weekends or evenings.
The salary will be around £35k depending upon experience, with a pension and access to the Company's staff benefits.
The team at The Borders Distillery is committed to broadening representation in the whisky industry. Whisky should be for everyone, as should whisky jobs. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We hope to select candidates for a round of interviews in late July.