Zyxel has been connecting people to the Internet for nearly 30 years. Our ability to adapt and innovate with networking technology places us at the forefront of the drive to create connectivity for telcos and service providers, businesses and home users.
The Technical Support Engineer CSO & IT will be responsible for taking and logging technical support calls for a variety of networking and security products. They will use various support materials to gather information in conjunction with our customers to investigate and isolate problems, escalating problems beyond their technical capabilities to the Technical Support Manager where appropriate. They will need to work closely with the other colleagues and teams across Zyxel where appropriate. Contribute in all kind of initiatives running within Zyxel Support Campus to make it more valuable & drive the change.
The responsibilities of Technical Support Engineer CSO and IT include but not limited to:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to users from within Europe, answering support queries via all channels call, email, forum, social media etc...
- Participate in IT Helpdesk function
- Maintain a log of any problems detected and cause of errors.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Help in the creation and updating of documentation for each product.
- To test new codes and features on both existing and new hardware.
- Escalate problems to management and HQ support organisation when necessary.
- To replicate problems with test equipment.
- Escalate issues on weekly basis to manager.
- Maintenance of Office 365 and the EMEA Netowrk, backup and backup maintenance.
Contribution to the Zyxel Group
- Contribute to the local team by helping other colleagues with their work and provide education and coaching to others where needed.
- Share expertise and experience with colleagues in the Zyxel group, especially colleagues in Zyxel Taiwan and in other European Support Campus locations.
Any other ad-hoc duties as required but not limited to:
- Be able to deliver training and / or customer presentation when required.
- Provide support to the sale team in the form of pre-sales, and visit customer sites where and when appropriate (may require overnight stay over)
- Continuous development of technical knowledge by way of training camps, in house training and on the job learning to improve knowledge on product and technical expertise in general to better service our partners.
- Participate in Customer Service training and initiatives in order to build personal and team customer service performance.
- Be the technical contact for assigned partners.
- Contribute in creating technical videos, posting technical threads on various platforms.
- Actively contribute in TECHtalk to deliver technical discussion as a subject matter expert over video show and also represent Zyxel in EMEA wide conferences when asked.
Necessary Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Previous Helpdesk (telephone & email support) experience
- Experience of using call logging software.
- Excellent networking experience, TCP/IP knowledge, including practical experience with wireless, ADSL, LAN and WAN products
- Excellent knowledge of Switching (VLAN, 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1w, QoS), Security (Firewalls, VPN)
- Excellent understanding of multiple desktop operation systems including Windows, Mac, Linux
- Experience of MS Office 365 applications.
- Excellent general computer literacy
- Fluency in English and one additional language such as Danish, Dutch, French or German or any other European language (reading / writing / spoken) preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Team player with sound self-motivation and drive
- Strong presentation skills
- A problem solver with a desire to see through to resolution
- Full clean driving license
Zyxel offers a competitive salary and benefits package within an environment that encourages learning and growth.
Zyxel is an equal opportunities employer.