At Taylor Maxwell, we have been providing facade and timber products to the construction industry for over 60 years. Today we operate from 14 regional locations across the UK supplying a range of brick, cladding, timber, masonry, and offsite solutions.
Operating through an established UK-wide network, we provide innovative products, expert advice and service to timber merchants, clients, architects, developers, and contractors. Over the years we have acquired a wealth of local market knowledge, enabling us to build strong professional relationships and help our clients realise their ambitions. Overview
This is a position in a small IT Department currently numbering 5 people. The team provides hardware and software expertise to 3 Company entities, consisting of 180 to 200 employees located across England, Scotland and Wales.Job detail
- Manage the helpdesk ticket flow and prioritise them based on the current business requirements.
- Provide 1st line support to internal staff assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email, helpdesk tickets or IM.
- Install software, diagnose problems and maintain hardware using Microsoft and Apple technologies.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive in their solution.
- Prepare and issue new PCs, laptops, iPads and iPhones.
- Maintain and develop the intranet using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Support the business functions including Office 365, GoodReader & SharePoint
- Attend weekly departmental meetings to agree priorities, resolve problems and contribute to the strategic direction for IT.
- Travel to different offices when required, for which expenses will be reimbursed.
- Manage and maintain users and security in Active Directory.
- Any other duty deemed by the Directors to be in the interest of the company in achieving its objectives.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working in an IT Helpdesk environment.
- Good A levels in numerate disciplines.
- Good skills in Microsoft products including Windows, Office 365 & SharePoint
- Some experience of server and network operating systems.
- Must be polite and able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to explain effectively in person and by telephone.
- Must be organised with ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure, making correct decisions.
- Good analytical ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to adapt to new challenges
- A keen interest in IT, with a desire to try new things and gain expert-level knowledge of the latest technologies.
- Resides within commutable distance of the Bristol office.
- A degree in a numerate discipline.
- IT Technician qualification at Level 2 or Level 3.
- Knowledge of SQL server databases.
- Evidence of being a team player in a helpdesk environment.
- Full Driving license.
Please ensure you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the person description. All employees have a duty not to discriminate against each other, customers or suppliers and not to help anyone else do so.
Taylor Maxwell is an equal opportunities employer.
Please visit our website for our job applicant privacy notice: www.taylormaxwell.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice.