Enterprise Application Support Lead Location:
Working from home with some travel to BCA Farnham (GU9 7XG)Salary:
up to £45,000 dependent on experience + car allowance + bonus + benefitsWorking Hours:
40 hours per week Monday - FridayJob Status:
PermanentPurpose of the role:
The role of the team is to provide second line support with regards to BCA's Enterprise Applications.
The Enterprise Applications Support Lead role contributes by:
- Providing a hands-on technical support leadership and direction in supporting our customers, systems, products and services.
- Acting as an escalation point for the support team and dealing with prioritisation and stakeholder management.
- Ensuring users and IT teams are provided with the right level of support in servicing demand.
- Leading the release of product changes; these are handed over by the enterprise application change team and the support team coordinating the user education and guidance.
- Ensure that requests for assistance, incidents and Service Requests are properly logged, assigned and responded to within service level agreements and according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate focus is given to logged incidents by users / Service Desk, depending on the priority, aiming to keep allocated tickets flowing and progressed.
- Ensure adherence to escalation procedures. Respond to escalated, complex and high impact user incidents within service level agreements.
- Receive requests for assistance from users in a customer-friendly and professional manner and maintain accurate log entries of incidents, queries and requests with full details information.
- Ensure accurate resolution details and follow-up information are maintained. Encouraging self-help and self service via knowledge transfer.
- Building and maintaining an effective network, in lockstep with enterprise applications leadership, throughout the IT department and beyond to support Enterprise Applications.
- Proactively develop and maintain a solid technical working knowledge of BCA's business and enterprise applications across several divisions and business areas.
- Collaborate with the change team to populate Product Backlogs to summarise the objectives, outline business case, scope, completion criteria, acceptance and other components of new demand item.
- Maximise efficiency and consistency by automating existing processes where possible.
- Provide support and guidance in matters relating to Enterprise Applications.
- Attendance at key service meetings as appropriate
- To work closely and proactively with all IT service and support teams in building lasting and trusted relationships.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise, support and guidance to the business in matters relating to Enterprise Applications.
- You will ensure staffing and resourcing needs are met to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of support.
- Logical mind-set - when presented with a problem you will be able to logically gather the facts and put a full, holistic picture together of the challenge and the opportunity. Where you can relate the problem to the Enterprise application products and propose solutions.
- Drive - enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed. BCA is a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and you will take energy from working at a pace rather than become exhausted by it.
- Communication - you will be an exceptionally strong communicator, equally able to work with a team which may be geographically and organizationally spread, and with busy stakeholders, with whom you will establish a direct relationship of mutual trust and respect. You will be able to easily interpret and convey complex concepts and ideas to the team and to non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-management - you will possess advanced emotional intelligence and self-awareness. You will display an astute understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses and not hesitate to reach out for help in areas where you know you need support. You will have a thirst for learning and a desire to continuously improve. Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work independently if required. Good time management, scheduling and coordination skills
- Stakeholder support - You will develop and maintain close relationships with key individuals throughout IT and the Business
- Building and inspiring teams - You will be skilled in understanding requirements and pain points from potentially disparate groups of people and will be able to unite and understand the impact and options from an enterprise applications point of view to provide guidance and suggest solutions. Influencing skills and emotional intelligence will be critical in this regard. You will also be an excellent team leader and an excellent resource when acting as a contributor.
- Be facilitative - must be able to guide and demonstrate value-add principles to the teams.
- Attitude of transparency - have the desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about delivery and grow business trust.
- Clear understanding of support and SLAs
- Exposure to information security best practice policy and procedure.
- IT Service Management experience aligned to ITIL good practice for event, incident, problem, config and change management processes.
- Ability to effectively manage high volumes of competing demand and priorities.
- Ability to identify what is "the art of the possible".
- Coaching and mentoring style of approach when working with own team and others.
- A hands-on, people focused and technically experienced leader.
- Managing 3rd parties to facilitate IT systems procurements.
- A strong technical IT background with previous experience of working in a support function.