Hi, we're Monolith. Our goal is to pioneer making it easy, safe & fun to grow money, using the power of decentralised technology.
We're a high-performance team of around 30 people. We have freedom and responsibility, a culture that encourages innovation, offers ownership and embraces knowledge sharing. We have big plans to grow!
Due to the pandemic we're working entirely remotely. When it's safe to do so we're looking forward to folks collaborating in person again - but remote is totally cool too! Our current preference is for people based in the UK or Netherlands, but we'd be open to those based elsewhere (if the timezone works).
We're looking for a Senior Mobile Application Engineer to join our team. You'll be critical to building our user-facing products, as well as the behind-the-scenes systems required for us to offer these products.
As a mobile application engineer you'll work on our iOS & Android applications, which are written in React Native with some Swift and Kotlin as appropriate. Backend services are available over a GraphQL API.
You may also be asked to help out with internal web-based systems.Requirements
For this role we expect you to have extensive experience building rich mobile applications using React Native. You should be able to empower the team on following clean architecture principles.
Collaboration, within the engineering team and across the organization, is critical for our success. We expect you to be an effective communicator.
Experience with software development platforms like GitHub is a must.Responsibilities
The responsibilities for this position include
- Programming (yay!)
- Helping colleagues, for instance through the code review process
- Keeping our services running
- Researching new problems
- Proposing solutions
- Building customer-facing mobile applications
- Building internal web applications, along with the backend team
We're looking for candidates who
- Bring a collaborative spirit
- Are pragmatic and solve the right problem at the right time
- Take pride in shipping great apps
- Share their own unique perspective
- Comfortable participating in the UX design process
Our team members are rewarded well! UK employees are offered the below, and we will aim for similar elsewhere
- Generous Option Scheme
- Private health insurance
- A training & development budget that helps you to grow with Monolith
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Flexible working hours (we care about your output, not when you rock up or clock out)
- Top of the range hardware
- The option to receive some of your salary in crypto
- Cycle Scheme
If all this sounds exciting...
Start a conversation by hitting apply!Unfortunately, we're not currently in a position to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.