Fisikal Developer Job DescriptionJob Description
At Fisikal, we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We're seeking a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organisation that's always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back end languages. You'll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately, deliver amazing global user experiences.Introduction to Fisikal
Fisikal helps fitness operators, fitness studios and education organisations to improve efficiencies and service through its online business management solutions. The custom branded, integrated management platform enables operators to manage their business online or via a mobile. Functionality includes:
- scheduling, booking and payment solutions
- on-demand and live-streaming solutions
- staff management
- business analytics
Fisikal also improves the customer experience. Mobile apps provide anytime access to online bookings and an array of personalised fitness content.
To view more information please look at https://fisikal.com.Role Background
Objectives of this Role
- These are tasks that will require a high degree of consultation with the Fisikal management team as well as with the technical team and will require a good understanding of the technologies that the Fisikal products use and could make use of.
- This role provides the opportunity to work with a robust and active software project, with 100s of thousands of users, and help take it to the next level, implementing new technologies and enabling new functionality.
- For now the work can be completed remotely, but when circumstances allow, face-to-face meetings will be in either London UK, or near Petersfield in Hampshire.
- The role will report to the Digital Project Manager and the CEO.
- A successful candidate should feel comfortable interacting with other developers in English or in Russian (if spoken - nice to have but not necessary) and may from time to time be interacting directly with our customers to help them solve technical challenges or support them with custom innovations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualisation to deployment. Particularly technology modernisation, development process improvements and enhancement investigations.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Architect and provide guidance on building end-to-end systems optimized for speed and scale
- Engage with inspiring designers and front end engineers, and collaborate with leading back end engineers as we create reliable APIs
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 1+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Experience building web applications
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Scoping, Estimation, Requirements Analysis and Technical Investigations
- REST APIs
- Payment Gateway integration
- User Interface design
- Interest in the fitness industry and fitness tech