Company DescriptionWe're changing it up
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. Together, we're achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That's why we've created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We're changing up Britain and we're changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK.A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £39,500
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.How can you change it up?
As our Network Planner, you'll be responsible for producing robust and cost-effective civils and fibre-optic infrastructure designs in accordance with defined methodologies, architecture and project guidelines. As part of this role there will be a large focus on Quality Checking.
You'll also be:
What will you bring to the role?
- Forecasting capex and opex requirements of designed infrastructure projects
- Producing details industry standard design documentation
- Helping to develop, implement and champion CityFibre network design topologies
- Respecting data quality within CityFibre's asset and customer management systems
- Driving consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness of our designs
You'll have a detailed working knowledge of all aspects of civil route planning, underground and aerial fibre planning in a FTTH context, or the technical ability to learn and understand these quickly.
Our unique culture
- Experience in Quality Checking as part of the design process
- A full understanding of Local and National Authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
- Ability to produce detailed site survey packs, wayleave packs and network construction job packs
- Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
- Competent MS Office user
- Working knowledge of industry recognised GIS software (GE Smallworld would be a bonus)
- Technical training with another Licenced Operator (OLO) or equivalent Contractor and a qualification to at least HND/NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in relevant subjects (or demonstrable technical ability)
- NRSWA qualification
- Full clean driving license
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
Videos To Watch