PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Tech / Cleantech / Renewables
- Newbury, West Berkshire and remote (flexible location)
- Salary up to £40k + profit share + benefits (depending on experience)
- Full time
An exciting opportunity to join our growing team and deliver PR with a purpose by supporting a client roster that is leading the UK's transition to net zero.
To apply, send your CV with a covering letter telling us why you're perfect for this job.Overview
Resonates is a successful boutique PR and marketing agency with a client roster in cleantech that is second to none. Our clients work in solar, wind, sustainable housing, e-mobility, hydrogen and innovative technology that can mitigate climate change.
We are now looking for an experienced PR professional deliver messaging, content and media relations across a portfolio of client accounts.
We're a small, friendly team and finding someone with the right personality is just as important to us as matching the skills and experience.
Your focus will be working with tech and cleantech clients working across a number of sectors. You will be responsible for managing a client portfolio with minimum supervision, exercising a "hands-on", autonomous style to ensure that we meet client KPIs.
An appreciation and understanding of the energy transition including cleantech, smart grid and renewable sectors is desirable but not essential.Essential duties
You will work as a member of the delivery team to:
Key skills and aptitudes
- Manage day-to-day PR and marketing campaigns for a portfolio of clients
- Build relationships with client teams
- Develop relationships with media contacts
- Pitch features, interviews, commentary and news to target media
- Manage client delivery ensuring quality and schedule goals are met
- Analyse and report on results against KPIs
- Plan monthly work schedules and targets
- Pitch fresh and innovative ideas to clients to maintain PR momentum
- Keep up to date with industry trends including technology, regulatory and competitive issues
- Plan and schedule activity and key deliverables across the agency
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communication skills - both spoken and written
- The ability to quickly and accurately produce and edit written work
- An ability to interpret complex ideas and communicate them in plain English
- A proven understanding of the PR process, including knowledge and experience of what editors look for in a story
- The skills required to identify a story opportunity, find an angle on behalf of a client, create a pitch and fulfil the deliverable
- The ability to critique and improve press communications, including news releases and pitches
- Confidence to set realistic expectations with clients regarding outcomes
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to manage deadlines and deliverables
- A current and thorough knowledge of the evolving PR landscape, including digital, social and traditional channels
- An understanding of how to nurture quality media relationships
- Degree qualified
- At least three years working in B2B public relations with progressive job responsibilities
- Interest and experience working in a technology marketing role or managing technology clients is essential
- Agency experience would be an advantage