We are seeking a Technical Development Associate: Solar/Storage, to be based in London, United Kingdom (Possibility of being based elsewhere in the UK)
You will be working for a new Renewable Energy investment platform, backed by a global commodity trading organisation.
Our client sources, invests in and plans to actively manage a wide range of utility scale energy assets focused on solar PV, onshore wind and storage solutions. About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Technical Development Associate to support our solar and storage development plans.
As a member of the broader Project Development Team, you will participate in a variety of development activities, but from a technical perspective, required to ensure the bankable delivery of renewable energy projects, from
inception to Financial Close.
The range of activities undertaken by the broader Project Development Team, including the technical team, extends from identification assessment of the appropriateness of the site, design optimisation through to discharging conditions ready for the site to be constructed and then assisting with taking that project through to Financial Close.
The technical teams who form part of the Development Team will also assist during the construction period to ensure that the projects are built according to plan and will then work closely with the operations and asset management teams as part of the handover process. Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of project design, contractual documentation, logistics planning permission, health and safety reports, grid connection points, point of connection evaluation, and grid connection agreements.
- EPC/TSA/BoP tender preparation, coordination, management, evaluation and review.
- Assist with equipment procurement, frame agreement negotiations as well as provide QA/QC support as needed. This will include witnessing of FAT as well as site acceptance.
- Support the business development team in contract negotiations, where required.
- Preparation and review of technical and non-technical reports.
- Modelling of resource data, site layouts and site optimisation with the aim to efficiently optimise the capex budget.
- Together with the respective technology director, identify resourcing needs, key milestones and potential barriers to success of project and associated solutions
- Work with the business development teams to assist with the Environmental Impact
- Assessment (EIA) / planning application process and full implementation of the planning consent to deliver construction and operation.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence as required and work alongside the project finance team to complete the lender technical due diligence process and meet those respective
- conditions precedent to achieve Financial Close.
- Coordinate and build positive relationships with external consultants and contractors
- Work in a collaborative fashion with non-technical colleagues
- 3-5 years relevant experience working in the sector for a technical consultancy, project developer or IPP. A private equity funded platform.
- Consultancy experience working on Owner's Engineering and/or due diligence assignments.
- Project management experience and with potential capability to lead a project team
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree). A commercial degree/MBA would be an added plus.
- A strong commercial mindset, able to understand the impact of technical and design decisions on returns
- Fluency in English with excellent report writing skills and attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one technology (battery storage or solar PV)
- Ability to work comfortably in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel to site as and when needed.
- Flexibility and ability to work professionally and accurately under pressure and challenging deadlines as well as to prioritize your tasks
- Must show tenacity, high level of commitment and ambition with a strong desire to travel.
- Emerging market experience would be an added plus.
Offer: 50,000 - 80,000 GBP pa + bonus / incentive