Senior Electronics Engineer Main Responsibilities.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will:
Qualifications and Experience
- Be responsible for technical ownership of power electronic circuits, through concept, development and validation.
- Provide technical delivery of development activities to meet timescales and cost targets for R&D products and customer projects.
- Support the planning of power electronics related activities.
- Interface with suppliers and partners with technical requirements and feedback for existing and new designs.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (e.g. embedded SW, PCB layout, mechanical design etc.) to develop complete systems.
- Support system integration by providing debugging capability and validation support.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience successfully supporting development projects in an automotive, or aerospace electronic engineering environment.
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Experience in mathematical modelling and simulation of circuits and systems, e.g. SPICE, PLECS.
- Use of reliability, risk or safety analysis tools for the analysis of hardware, e.g. FTA, DFMEA.
- Qualification of systems to automotive standards, including EMC and environmental testing.
- An understanding of functional safety analysis, design, and validation to standards such as ISO26262 or similar.
- An appreciation of rotating machine design and motor principles.
- Writing technical documentation. e.g.: Worst Case Analysis.