Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions.
research provider, Fitch Solutions. Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, macro research, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Ratings and Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries.
This role entails;
- Mentoring, training and actively working to progress and develop the analysts in the team
- Inspiring and encouraging members of the team to perform at high levels of excellence via your example
- Facilitating communication with internal and external stakeholders, including building close relationships with key macroeconomic and political risk analysts, analysts in related Industry teams and Sales team.
- Managing a complex and diverse workload, balancing analytical responsibilities with broader team priorities
- Setting the editorial and analytical direction of the day to day research output of the team, including providing analytical and thought leadership
- Being the analytical lead for a portfolio of key countries
- Contributing to broader research team-wide projects and initiatives
Qualifications And Experience
- Representing the team and delivering views and forecasts during client engagements as well as at industry events
- Being commercially minded and understanding how research and data is used by our clients and forward-thinking in coming up with new ideas of how we could commercialise our content
Required Skills Include
- Significant relevant experience in economic analysis required, ideally with a focus on Europe, but we would consider a strong candidate who has been focused on a different region
- Experience managing a team or group of more junior analysts required
- MA/MSc Economics or relevant work experience.
- Fluent spoken and written English required
- Strong public speaker
- Excellent and proactive communicator
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets and forecast across key macroeconomic indicators
- Ability to write clearly and to explain technical concepts in simple terms
- Ability to cope with time pressure and deadlines
- Commercially minded with an understanding of the business intelligence value proposition
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.