Aerospace Senior Electronics Engineer
• Design, Development and Review of analogue and digital circuits (from concept to final product)
• Design, Development and Review of firmware sub-systems (from concept to final product)
• Identify and communicate technical risks to project stakeholders.
• Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
• Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design Review Meetings
• Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
• Identify, select and manage additional electronics resource requirements (internal and external) to execute projects.
• Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improving engineering quality, efficiency and cost.
• Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
Required skills and abilities:
• Participated as a key member or led an R&D and/or product development team, in developing and evolving products per Company and customer specifications.
• Experience working in a highly regulated safety critical industry is required.
• Design experience in the harsh environment avionics, and/or other similar safety critical or harsh environment.
• DO-254 familiarity and experience is essential.
• DO-178C familiarity and experience is essential.
• Design experience must include analogue circuit experience including experience with Op amps, signal conditioning, Power supply design, high accuracy / wide temperature range circuits, and EMI/EMC compatibility.
• Familiarity with embedded microprocessor, microprocessor selection
• Past exposure to a robust electrical design and development engineering environment is desired. These should include several of the following: Tollgate Driven Design and Design Review, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) scorecard, Design For Reliability & Design for Manufacture programs, Component Obsolescence Management, multi-layer board design, Tolerancing analysis (including basic tolerance, effects of temperature, and component aging), Circuit stress analysis.
• EMI and environmental qualification experience desired include DO-160, Mil Std-461, Mil-Std-704.