Exane BNP Paribas Electronic Equities platform provides clients Cash Equities execution on European markets through well-known smart Order Routing, and Algorithmic execution.
Technology is a key factor to success of this business;The main duties of the role include, but are not limited to
- Manage some key projects/tasks to enhance the Cash Equity Execution algorithmic trading platform
- Working closely with the Front Office users, Quants, development and BA teams
- Taking involvement in architectural design discussions to help shape the strategic direction of the platform
- Handling releases to Production with good attention to detail and adherence to procedure
- Documentation of code
- Providing everyday coding in C++
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for delivery: working with other Information Technology groups to define and deliver proper hardware infrastructure, deploying components and working with Support teams to establish monitoring
- A quick learner that applies themselves to new challenges and adapts to changing requirements
- Financial/Equities experience is desirable
- Understanding of market microstructure in Equity markets is beneficial
- Solid technical base skill-set. Key areas would be Linux, Windows, SQL. Scripting languages.
- Proven experience in coding with C++ in a professional Linux environment
- SQL and Bash/Perl/Python scripting is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with business partners and other developers
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience (a degree in Finance, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications would be beneficial)