A new opportunity has arisen with one of our clients in Bridgenorth, on a permanent basis. They are seeking an enthusiastic, L1 Support Engineer to join their team permanently.
The primary purpose of the role is to: provide an effective and professional IT Service Desk function to internal and external customers, to respond to and resolve incidents quickly and efficiently by telephone and email, handle the requests from IT users, enforcing and auditing the application of the IT Policy, maintaining and supporting the existing IT and telecom infrastructure, managing and overseeing printer toner usage and basic server administration.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems including Windows XP/7
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products and able to provide advice and support on these products.
- Good understanding of networks, including knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Good knowledge of server operations tasks e.g. managing user accounts and backups is desirable
- Experience of working in a busy customer focused environment is desirable
- Experience of using Active Directory is desirable
As the successful L1 Support Engineer, you will be offered a starting basic salary of £20,000.