Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients that span a wide range of industries and sectors, including public sector, financial services, healthcare and early stage start-ups.
Our services are driven by data and inspired by insight. As a digital consultancy we identify opportunities to make the most of digital transformation. This can include design strategy consultancy, user experience, design and development, content, cloud services and digital marketing.
In a world that relies on digital innovation, Storm is helping clients transform processes and experience, re-imagine legacy business models and even entire companies.About you:
You'll probably have a fair bit of experience in an IT support role and some experience in cloud infrastructure - maybe as an IT/cloud engineer, with some knowledge and experience of cloud platforms.
Ideally, you'll have excellent IT support skills and a good understanding of infrastructure as code and automation fundamentals.
You'll have knowledge of:
- Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Microsoft Intune
- Office 365
- network infrastructure (TCP-IP/DNS/DHCP)
- basic PowerShell
- basic scripting
- Windows Server
- Windows 10
- software/windows image deployment
It would be great if you could write simple automations, programs or scripts to deliver cloud native software and infrastructure. If not, you can demonstrate how you'll go about learning.
This could include:
About the role:
- source control systems like Git
- automation and provisioning within cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
- using tools such as ARM templates, PowerShell, automation runbooks, Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services) to build, deploy and manage infrastructure
- a 'secure by default' mindset in all work you do, following guidelines and practices to improve the security
- using a modern standards approach to your work
As a Cloud infrastructure engineer, you'll be responsible for helping to build and support cloud infrastructure for Storm and our customers. You'll also help out with our internal IT needs, supporting and providing efficiencies for end-user productivity. Working in a cross-functional team, the role requires good organisation and an open and collaborative approach, focused on bringing delight to both our staff and our customers.What you'll do:
You'll have a range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn. You will:
- make sure internal and customer systems and services are available and running optimally, by providing helpdesk support for on-prem infrastructure such as servers, user devices, printers and networking, as well as cloud-based resources in Azure, Office 365 and other SaaS-based software
- work with and support third parties to provide infrastructure services
- work with developers, testers, support and other ITOps specialists to maintain operations
- support the rest of the delivery teams with infrastructure knowledge, attending review meetings as required
- identify new IT infrastructure provisioning techniques and tools for review
- use coding skills applied within an IT infrastructure context
- provide hosting and internal IT estimates
- manage and maintain our IT asset register
- fulfil systems and information access requests from colleagues
You will be working at home for the moment, and will be provided with a laptop etc. to enable you to interact with clients and colleagues alike plus access to tools such as Slack and Teams. You'll be able to meet key members of each team through an online induction programme and the wider team through virtual coffees/donuts. We encourage video calls and regularly share home working tips. In more normal circumstances you'll be working from our lovely offices in Leith, and meeting clients across Scotland and further afield.