2020 was, without doubt, the most unique and challenging year of most of our lifetimes. Alongside the devastating human impact of Coronavirus, 2020 has also challenged the industry that we all work in and love but at DMS we are starting 2021 with renewed hope, confidence, optimism and excitement as we plan the next phase of our growth and prepare to build on our successes so far.
As we start to get ready to open our doors again, to bring our teams back and support the industry as it returns once more, we are looking for like-minded, talented people who want to be part of our journey. It's going to be a very big year for us, and we want you to play a role.
We love the film industry. We love the ability of film to take your imagination away from daily life, to excite, to provoke, to engage and to entertain and we look forward once more to playing our part in bringing this back into people's lives in 2021.Who We Are
We are a vibrant, engaged, talent-driven agency where our staff feel empowered, where ideas are encouraged and where outstanding work is rewarded. We nurture bright, passionate people who are innovative and creative in their thinking and ambitious and brave in everything they do.
DMS is a place where our clients feel looked after, where they trust our ability to deliver and come up with new ways of engaging them and helping them engage their audiences. We strive to be a key agency partner to our clients, delivery consistency of work and quality of service.
Founded in 2002, our headquarters are in London with offices also in Los Angeles and Sydney. We are part of the AKA Group of agencies.What We Do
We are a full-service creative digital agency. Our people, technology and insights help global media and entertainment, sports and lifestyle brands create, manage, localise, distribute and place their content and evaluate its media reach.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU
We are seeking a Junior Technical Operator working as in our Technical Operations team responsible for the localization of TV spots, film trailers and social media content including graphics insertion, subtitling, dubbed audio layback and encoding of files for international broadcast and online distribution.
In this role your regular duties would include;
- finalising localised content for international distribution (graphics insertion, subtitling, dubbed audio layback),
- encoding and transcoding files according to various broadcast and online formats,
- producing output in line with specific film and tv technical standard
- editing TV spot cutdowns, social media and promo content,
- uploading/downloading content to/from various bespoke digital asset management platforms,
- frame rate conversions
- working closely with our technical teams, client services team and our clients.
You will be required to work based on a rota pattern that will allow the department to be operational 24 hours a day. You will therefore be working on shifts that include early starts and night shifts so please only apply for this role if you can accommodate this shift working on an ongoing basis.Requirements
- Circa 2 years' experience working in an technical operations department.
- Have experience using Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and Audition.
- A knowledge of digital video file format and encoding/transcoding software.
- Experience of working with online and broadcast video formats.
- A technical understanding of video and audio signals,
- Editing experience.
This is a fast-paced environment where you are often required to manage conflicting client demands and delivery on a tight turnaround with no margin for error. Thus, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following attributes
- A strong work ethic. Someone who takes pride in the quality of their work, finishing projects with accurate outputs and meeting deadlines.
- Confident in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders; knows when it is appropriate to convey a message via email and when it is more appropriate to speak to someone in person.
- The ability to quickly assimilate new instructions and to be able to retain that knowledge to be applied in future,
- Undertakes their work with care and attention, always double-checking outputs for accuracy before delivery to our clients.
- Remains focused and methodical in your approach even when working under pressure to meet delivery deadlines
- Collegiate and helpful and forms strong working relationships with their colleagues
- Is proactive in helping ensure the team deliver, will always come forward to help when the team is busy and will go that extra mile.
- Can think on their feet and can demonstrate good problem-solving ability, there will be times on shift where you will need to work independently and make decisions for yourself.